Naked 9

I did not want to derail my bud's thread " 'Nuther One" so I thought I would pop the 9 pictures here. I like the Beckers satin bare finished. The real shock was how sharp both can get after some work. The 13 shocked me after a good convex sharpening & stropping, scary sharp!

In my opinion the 9 is the best bang for the buck out there. Not to mention just the pure fun of smashing stuff with it! At 42, I still smile every time I "alter" some wood with it. :D

DSCN1611.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN1609.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh, mercy. I think that's the first 9 that I've seen stripped. That's one bad boy. Looks really, really nice.

PS: The 13 looks good, too!

Thanks. It is good looking in a rough kind of way, if that makes sense. Looks good but, begs to cut & chop all day long!

Well, of course: that's its purpose in life. It's a Becker, after all, no matter how sweet it looks.

Well done. I just noticed you stripped or changed the handle hardware, nice touch!

Very nice Jeff (and others). After seeing how cool they look nekid, I might end up stripping mine too.

All those look great! So far I have stripped an 11, 2 & 9. The 11 is going on 3 months with no adverse issues. I do not feel corrosion really bothers the 1095 crovan with a normal wipe down every now and again.

Ethan/KaBar, how about some factory bare blades?

dl351, those scales are fantastic!

AHHHHH! Jeff you're killin me man! Fab work on that 9.

*starts scheming how I'm gonna get that one outta ya* :D

Nice work guys! Aside from lots of elbow grease, did you use any type of solvent to remove the epoxy coating?

I'm curious also, how did you remove the coating. That's the first thing I want to do when my bk7 gets here. Well, after chopping something.

So far I have stripped an 11, 2 & 9. I just scraped the 11 clean, then finished it with a couple of grades of sandpaper. The 2 & 9 were first stripped with Bix stripper which I bought from Lowes, then wiped, washed & sanded down to remove the residue. I finshed all of them with Simi metal polish to clean them up. Good luck!

Back