Name me some VG-10 blades!

I'm in the market for a good VG-10 blade, I'm curious to test out it's highly touted capability for a fine edge. Besides the ever well-known Spyderco Delica and Endura series, name me some good non-auto VG-10 EDC slicers. Believe me when I say the Delica is high on my buyer's list, but I want a few more options and considerations before I pull the trigger.

By all means, be as biased as you want, I want recommendations based on your experiences.

The Delica should be an automatic purchase. Dont even think twice.

Kershaw Lahar is another one that comes to mind.

SOG Spec series used to be VG-10 the last time I checked.

SOG has a bunch of their higher end Folders in VG-10 with the arc lock. I have had a Vulcan. Couldn't stand the pocket clip. I still have a Spec Elite II which I love. A slicer it is not though. I think Spyderco will have the market on slicer VG-10 blades. Oh, Al mar is another one to look at.

Mcusta, edit to add my only experience is handling my co-workers scalpel sharp gentlemans edc type in cocobolo. My experience with VG10 mostly comes from my Lahar which I carried exclusively for 2 years and still carry from time to time. Easy to get sharp and keep that way, pretty forgiving, never had any damage that wasn't easy to repair, no chips etc.

Boker Kwaiken flipper (Burnley) in titanium or carbon fiber both have versions with VG-10. Decent production version of the Burnley custom.

I wouldn't worry about pulling the trigger on the Delica, it's a great knife. I'd also second the Stretch suggestion.

Yeah, you have to get the Delica unless you hate lockbacks. Lots of baby Spydercos such as: Dragonfly, Cricket, Lady Bug, Lava, and Spin. Maybe check out the Police or Centofante. There are a lot of Bokers, but not sure how I feel recommending that brand.

Kizer Ki302B1, Ki302B2, Ki302F, Ki404BF, and there's probably more Kizers out there with VG-10.

Masahiro only makes Kitchen knives. This is the Hattori Family company. Ichiro Hattori split off in 1971
to pursue his interest in hunting/outdoor knives. His cousin or nephew is the current president of Masahiro.

VG10 folders are predominantly G.Sakai or Moki made these days regardless of brand label. Tough to recommend something
just on the steel type. Some more parameters would help.

Last edited:
The Stretch is a fantastic design, and the Delica is a classic. Can't go wrong with either one.

Cool. Didn't know the history only liking their VG10 in my Santoku for example.

Yes, VG10 is widely used in Japanese cooking knives. But the OP's reference to Delica and Endura kind of suggested
that he wasn't talking about cooking knives.

Endura, Stretch, Centofante, Delica - all slicy goodness, especially in FFG.

Al Mar uses it in a few modes like the sere, shrike, nomad & payara.
Sog vulcan series uses it and also In a San mai tanto version. Also 2 other models using it are visionary1&2 by sog.
Always the sog tomcat & fat cat too.

Al Mar's knives are now made by Moki. They used to be made by G.Sakai.
SOG's high end folders are either solid VG10 or VG10 laminate (sanmai) and
are all made by G.Sakai. Spyderco's Seki models have traditionally been made by G.Sakai,
although that may have changed to Moki recently, not sure. All of Fallknieven's folders
are made by Moki. As mentioned, most folders in VG10 regardless of brand label
are from these two Seki factories.

Back