I am very pleased.

20190507-121036.jpg

20190507-121208.jpg

20190507-121400.jpg

20190507-121444.jpg

20190507-121504.jpg

20190507-121521.jpg

20190507-121539.jpg

Again, thank you Old Axeman and thank you to your friend Bob from the FS.
Thank you.

...now to frame and hang these proper...

I am glad they they arrived and that you are happy with them. Once you get them hung up you should post another pic!

Hi, this is the guy from the NTDP in Missoula that you's all been talking to about the posters. I have been swamped with the requests for these. And to answer everyone's question: No, we do not SELL the posters. We send them out for free. I know that sounds crazy since they are extremely well made, but that's the deal. Old Axeman did post the information on how to get a set of them. Once I receive an email or a call, I will get them out in the mail as quickly as possible.
Nice to see you on the forums! And welcome! I'm the guy you spoke with on the phone this morning(early) . I bet you'll be here on the forum often! It has that effect on people usually... Can't thank you enough for mailing out these posters... after we talked it felt like i had won the lottery because I was sure they were all gone!

Nice to see you on the forums! And welcome! I'm the guy you spoke with on the phone this morning(early) . I bet you'll be here on the forum often! It has that effect on people usually... Can't thank you enough for mailing out these posters... after we talked it felt like i had won the lottery because I was sure they were all gone!
Not at all. I have boxes, and boxes of these.

Hi, this is the guy from the NTDP in Missoula that you've all been talking to about the posters. I have been swamped with the requests for these. And to answer everyone's question: No, we do not SELL the posters. We send them out for free. I know that sounds crazy since they are extremely well made, but that's the deal. Old Axeman did post the information on how to get a set of them. Once I receive an email or a call, I will get them out in the mail as quickly as possible.

wo_mtdc_pubs@fs.fed.us = Easiest way - Send Name, Address, Phone number
(406)-329-3978 - More difficult, but I can take the order over the phone
Thank you for the time and effort you put in to this! I will be sending a request email soon.

Not at all. I have boxes, and boxes of these.
Thank you K KnifeRestorer ! Don’t believe Yankee Josh Yankee Josh , I must have been the first one to talk to you early this am. LoL. (I’m in WA we can settle this thing.)

May I apologize on everyone’s behalf for all the extra labor we have caused you. But rest assured you are doing a great service for this community. These posters are going to homes where they will be truly appreciated!

Last edited:
First of all, a tremendous thanks to everyone involved with these. One minor error worth pointing out, just for reference, is the one showing a National and listing it as a Cedar/National when cedar patterns are distinct, and the terms not interchangeable. Nationals are often misidentified as either cedars (due to the somewhat similar -- though different -- shape to their bit in profile) or as rafting patterns due to their substantial and beveled poll. I keep an eye out for them on eBay and have better luck finding them under either of those misnomers than their proper designation. :p

Well, you guys have officially run me out of packing peanuts. So now I am packing with packing materials that I have available. But I assure you, I will pack them with the utmost care to ensure you get the best product that I can send..
You are a legend mate!

Thanks for sending a set to my friend in the states who will then send it to me in New Zealand. Perhaps I will be the furthest distance person with a set in the world? .... "See Mom, I am a somebody!" haha

Can you tell us when these posters were printed? Thank you.

You are a legend mate!

Thanks for sending a set to my friend in the states who will then send it to me in New Zealand. Perhaps I will be the furthest distance person with a set in the world? .... "See Mom, I am a somebody!" haha

Can you tell us when these posters were printed? Thank you.
Hi Kiwi,

The posters were printed in 2016, but I have heard rumors that a new set may be coming soon.

Is anybody else thinking of making something like one of these on a wood backing board with wood burned inscriptions and mounting an actual axe? A wall mounted anatomy of an axe with an actual axe. Cause I am.

I'm going to try and pick up some cedar boards. If I use little balsa or bass squares as placards for the text I won't have to worry about screwing up the cedar. And I'll keep the back board a little light to save weight on the wall. Really don't want to have to use a French cleat or the like!

Back