Natural Outlaw died! I shocked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't say anything bad about the company, or knife. It wasn't really derogatory venting IMO. Just sharing really... I liked the pics, that blades got character:D

Never said he said anything derogatory. Jerry posted this in response to a broken knife picture showing up on one of the forums. I enjoy broken knives as much as the next guy �� but the point is we don't know what happened and I think Jerry would like some info first. If a potential customer sees a busted Busse and nothing else that can be damaging. Give the boss a chance to check it out, I am sure after that he would be fine with pics and an explanation.

Let's not turn the situation into a conspiracy thread where the owner is solely at fault ... the warranty will cover the knife and if it is sent back Jerry can post what happened to cause this ...

At a guess I would say the knife has slipped through some of the key HT requirements ... it might have missed the cyrogenic cooling to relieve the stress in the balde ... whichever way it is clear that it is a catastrophic failure without any indications of abuse ...

"Buffing" is not the cause ... or any form of modding ... the steel needs to get like the "sun" in terms of colour to make an impact ... so hot that gloves would combust upon touch ...

Somehow this is one that has slipped through the "cracks" ... first time I have seen the like ...

I am skeptical that chopping a log as pictured caused this ... is that what they are saying ? The knife would need to be on it's debut as a user ... and be as fragile as "ice" ... but just because I cannot get my head around it easily ... does'nt mean that something this fragile cannot happen if it misses out a key HT stage ... and throws the whole thing into a mess ....

I'd like to see a view of the blade break end-on, as well as a choil-to-spine view.

It's not like Infi is a mix of Mithril and adamantium.

Chit happens, not often, but it does happen.

thats a crazy clean break, I'm not sure how it broke but it looks like a lateral shear.... but I am not Jerry... nor do I have a degree in metallurgy.

looks like it was stuck (hammered) into a tree and pounded with a baton on the handle until it broke

its either a freak occurance or somethings fishy, broke from chopping a small branch?

Last edited:
As was said above, let's not speculate on what 'must' have happened. We weren't there, we don't know.

Best case would be for the owner to send the pieces back to Jerry for a close examination.

Without seeing the blade I can't tell anything as to what happened or caused this. If the owner of this blade is reading this please contact either Jerry or myself so we can get this taken care of.

Thanks
Garth

Interesting to say the least..... Never seen any Busse snap like this from use.

Whatever the case might be, hope the owner gets in touch with the Boss or Garth so that they can figure out what might have caused this.

Как Авария произошла именно?

There you go.
They will take care of their customers.

Without seeing the blade I can't tell anything as to what happened or caused this. If the owner of this blade is reading this please contact either Jerry or myself so we can get this taken care of.

Thanks
Garth

I have a broken Busse. Some one had to shoot it with a .50 cal AP round from the side.

Last edited:
Holy Oinkin' YOWZA!!!!:eek:

That's not supposed to happen!:eek:

We have made hundreds of thousands of knives from INFI over the past 14 years. . . . Isn't it awesome that a pic like this is like spotting a Big Foot!!! :cool::thumbup:

INFI is no longer a new wonder steel. It has a proven record of loving enormous amounts of abuse and coming back for more and more and more. . . . . .

It is obvious that that the blade was highly polished and buffed by someone outside of our shop.

It could be that it simply did not like being made so pretty and simply killed itself in retaliation!:eek::D

Once we get the knife back we'll be able to examine it and determine the cause of the break. There is usually much more to the story than a few pics can tell.

It will of course be covered by our warranty, so there are no worries. . . there never are. . . .:thumbup:

Let's Drink in honor of this old warrior. . . :thumbup:

Jerry:D

And there you have it... once again (as always) Jerry stands behind his products

*hey Jerry, get back to me on that email i sent this afternoon so i can finish my side of our agreement :)

Holy Oinkin' YOWZA!!!!:eek:

That's not supposed to happen!:eek:

We have made hundreds of thousands of knives from INFI over the past 14 years. . . . Isn't it awesome that a pic like this is like spotting a Big Foot!!! :cool::thumbup:

INFI is no longer a new wonder steel. It has a proven record of loving enormous amounts of abuse and coming back for more and more and more. . . . . .

It is obvious that that the blade was highly polished and buffed by someone outside of our shop.

It could be that it simply did not like being made so pretty and simply killed itself in retaliation!:eek::D

Once we get the knife back we'll be able to examine it and determine the cause of the break. There is usually much more to the story than a few pics can tell.

It will of course be covered by our warranty, so there are no worries. . . there never are. . . .:thumbup:

Let's Drink in honor of this old warrior. . . :thumbup:

POW! Power of INFI, mixed with awesomeness and Whiskey Hog Wisdom!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAh I agree!

Its good to know that [Jerry] Busse stands behind [his] their products.

as the pirates say... MORE RUM!!!!

I'd like to dedicate this one to my fallen homies!! *pours some beer onto ground*
Rest in peace!!
1.jpg

I was following this thread as a newbie to the Busse world (going on 6 when i get my next three delivered ;-))

I was, honestly, getting worried because i hadn't seen a response! i mean really isn't it fair to expect a response in 3 to 7 minutes ;-)

But patience paid off, after seeing Jerry and Garths posts, i do feel justified in my decision to go Busse(kin).

That aside, the entire "Busse family" seems to be burdened with a condition wanting in todays culture...

Integrity.

thank you.

It could be that it simply did not like being made so pretty and simply killed itself in retaliation!

Priceless!!! That made my day, :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back