Need recommendations

I recently sold off my PM2 love the knife but just a tad to big for me to edc. I need a new folder under $150 I have the delica that I edc almost always. Love that knife just want options
Thanks

I recently sold off my PM2 love the knife but just a tad to big for me to edc.

Apparently there's a Paramilitary 3 in the works, a 3" version. Of course, thats no help to you right now.
If your staying with Spyderco, how about a Sage? 1 and 3 are under $150, the 2 not much over. My Sage 1 in particular is a sweet lightweight EDC folder.
The Taichung made Spydercos I have are magnificent quality.

If you can find either a used or Sprint Run Dodo model I would recommend it highly. I actually EDCed mine for a couple of months and I was amazed at how versatile it was with such a short blade. The contoured G-10 handle fits most hands like a glove.

One other mid sized Spyder I would highly recommend is the new S35V Native model>> and it's available in Spyderedge and plain edge. I"ve yet to get one myself but the guys I've talked to that have landed one really love it. I don't think you could go wrong with either blade and I think the size of either one would be about what you're looking for in a EDC blade.

Too big??? The PM2 is the smallest knife in my EDC rotation.

But if you want smaller, the Sage always seemed like an attractive model. Caly 3, Caly 3.5 and Delica all are very popular.

Same here - I find the PM2 too heavy to EDC.

A Delica ZDP is my main EDC followed by the Native S90V and Manix2 S110V.

Hmmm ... but something's still lacking. I'd really like a longer blade. But the Endura is too long.

Recently picked up a Stretch ZDP and Caly 3.5 and am really liking these 3.5" blades.

The Stretch's handle is only slightly bigger than the Delica's but not as big as the Endura's.

The Caly 3.5's handle is the same length as the Delica's but slimmer. If it were FRN I would be it was a bit too small but the G10 is grippy enough to alleviate any worry. Don't know about CF; might be too slick to feel secure.

The lower jimping on both makes choking up on these 3.5" blades a dream.

I would handle a Native 5 Lightweight and see how that measures up. If that's a smidge too big pick up a Chaparral, absolutely fantastic little knife, that.

For something that rides in the pocket better than the PM2 and can be had for under $150, these are my recommendations.

Caly 3/3.5
Sage 1
Chaparral 1

It depends on what you mean by too big. For me, that usually just means it takes up too much pocket room. If that's the case for you then my recommendations would be the Delica (which you already own), the Caly 3 or the Chaparral. The Chaparral is a good bit smaller but its a great design.

Seriously? Too big, I understand, but the PM2 is 0.9 oz heavier than your Manix2 LW. I'm going to go ahead and say that's all in your head.

It's a longer knife, and I understand not liking the size, but saying it's heavy is just not right. It's light for it's size. The liners are nested and milled out, and it's a really light knife overall.

Same here - I find the PM2 too heavy to EDC.

A Delica ZDP is my main EDC followed by the Native S90V and Manix2 S110V.

the Techno buddy! It really is a «little big knife». It's very solid and can handle hard work as it fills the hand nicely. It has just about the same blade length that the PM2 has, cuts very well and it even fits in the pants coin pocket. And the fit and finish is virtually flawless! It is pricey, but if your patient, you could find a NIB from a particular for less.

Last edited:
Seriously? Too big, I understand, but the PM2 is 0.9 oz heavier than your Manix2 LW. I'm going to go ahead and say that's all in your head.
Yes, seriously.

And the PM2 is ONLY 1.25oz heavier than my Delica ZDP.

Gonna say that diff is just 'all in my head'?

.9oz is .9oz. It's enough to make it noticeable in MY pocket.

if your PM2 was to big for EDC,then you should give the stretch a try! i put off buying it for the longest time because of its blade shape,now my most loved EDC,this knife was made for sal's own pocket,and is quite the EDC,go figure!

Back