Need recommendations

The Caly 3 is a great knife giving a full 3" blade in a slim package.

It may be going too small, but I really dig some Dragonfly 2 action. It's currently the only Spydie in my EDC rotation. Capable blade with multi-use grip and it virtually disappears in your pocket. Barely over an ounce! You can go cheap with VG-10 and FRN, or go deluxe with ZDP-189 and CF.

Right now it's down to techno, caly 3.5 zdp and dragonfly 2 probably.
Input?

Last edited:
Right now it's down to techno and dragonfly 2 probably.
Input?

Those are two really different animals. Both great but really different. The build quality of the Techno far exceeds that of the Dragonfly. The ergonomics of the Dragonfly far exceed those of the Techno. For a cool overbuilt pocket tank I'd go Techno. For a great lightweight user I'd go Dragonfly.

Just saw your edit....I think I would go D'fly over Caly but I'm probably in the minority with that opinion. FWIW, I prefer the Caly 3 over the 3.5. The smaller size feels more natural to me in that model.

I'm with you, OP. I very rarely carry my PM2, because it just feels too big in my pocket. It's not the length, it's the width and 'blocky' handle or something. I carry a waved Endura with no issue.

I have a Dragonfly, and it's too small, lol. The techno doesn't look too much bigger, but it has to be. Haha.

Right now it's down to techno, caly 3.5 zdp and dragonfly 2 probably.
Input?

Those are all great choices, but I agree with Surfingringo about the Caly 3 over the 3.5. A new Techno might take you over that $150 limit that you set but you can probably find a used one for under $150. The Techno is not the most ergonomic model but it is very cool and built like a tank. The Dragonfly is the quintessential LBK. :)

Pulled the trigger on the techno off the exchange. Hope I like it. Thanks guys

Back