• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Negative Blade HQ Experience

Well, you are incorrect. Not only have I ran businesses, I have also worked for businesses in lead roles. While, yes, it can be hard to pay people what they are worth sometimes, my experience shows that its a very worthwhile expense, even more so than any branding, as CS Reps are the front line of that branding. All the commercials and billboards in the world won't help if your cs reps are underpayed and treated like garbage.

Look at mcdonalds vs in and out, two worlds difference in how you are treated at the counter.

There is also a huge difference between foreign cs and well paid cs from the native countries. Yes you can outsource such things quite cheaply, but you will then not have very knowledgeable staff, nor a staff that cares about your company or culture.

To the toxic part, this should not be hard at all. What the OP described is a toxic environment..the "Us" vs "them" mentality, like customers are the enemy..and that toxicity can kill a business. You do NOT want any reps arguing or talking bad about customers, even " troublesome" customers. Simply incorporate this into your office culture and it should take care of itself.

Now, how is it that American industry was killed by wonderful and fair working conditions? That makes no sense. What killed American industry is two things: wall street and China.

Wallstreet forces corporations to cut costs at every turn, to maximize profits over running the company soundly.

China gave greedy corporations and wallstreet slave labor to create their products so cheap that you couldn't compete with them. Ya had to join em.
McDonald's - $38.5 billion in sales
In-n-Out - $914 million in sales

Per Google, In n Out has 344 US locations and McDonald's has almost 14,000 in the US alone. I would hope one makes more than the other. Also, their sales figures does not dictate which I'd prefer to go to.

Per Google, In n Out has 344 US locations and McDonald's has almost 14,000 in the US alone. I would hope one makes more than the other. Also, their sales figures does not dictate which I'd prefer to go to.
2 worlds of difference in service, yes, but look at the results.

This only shows that Mcdonalds has more money to pay their workers but do not.

Im truly not understanding the point of this comparison..mcdonalds has franchises and is a publically owned company, with global presence.

In and out is privately owned, has way less stores, but their lines go down full city blocks and you are always treated like royalty there. Its even more expensive and people do not mind paying more because they support the culture of how in and out nurtures their employees. They invest in their workers and the divends pay back ten fold. And they manage to get fresher ingredients and make their own buns.

In the end, mcdonalds makes more because they have more stores, and they cut corners every chance they get, like I said..because they have stock holders to cater to instead of customers and employees.

This only shows that Mcdonalds has more money to pay their workers but do not.

Im truly not understanding the point of this comparison..mcdonalds has franchises and is a publically owned company, with global presence.

In and out is privately owned, has way less stores, but their lines go down full city blocks and you are always treated like royalty there. Its even more expensive and people do not mind paying more because they support the culture of how in and out nurtures their employees. They invest in their workers and the divends pay back ten fold. And they manage to get fresher ingredients and make their own buns.

In the end, mcdonalds makes more because they have more stores, and they cut corners every chance they get, like I said..because they have stock holders to cater to instead of customers and employees.
They have more stores because they sell more product. Must be some reason. I'm not really the one doing the comparison...just pointing out that the original might not be that relevant.

All depends on your business model. If your goal is to be the cheapest then you have to be brutal on costs. If your goal is to be the best then quality materials and good employees are going to be needed.
On most things I am in the quality camp, but there is a market for both
I have never been to an In-n-Out, but would still pick it over McDonalds :)

They have more stores because they sell more product. Must be some reason. I'm not really the one doing the comparison...just pointing out that the original might not be that relevant.

Could be that they've been around for 44 more years and literally broke new ground with their business model on a susceptible culture totally oblivious to the slop they churn out.

Your comparison is lacking hard.

Given the competition and the disparity in business models and practice, you've done the opposite for your case.

Could be that they've been around for 44 more years and literally broke new ground with their business model on a susceptible culture totally oblivious to the slop they churn out.

Your comparison sucked.
Could be...

On topic,

Weren't we just having this same issue a few weeks ago and a few weeks before that? BladeHQ needs to get it together. Too much competition.

I like BladeHQ because they hustle hard and churn out a lot of enjoyable content on YouTube. They're also one of the bigger retailers which means they have less control over the little things.

That being said, I have read more bad reviews about them than any other major retailer. That's not good and not compelling for a customer, wouldn't be my first pick.

No, it definitely is.
Ok, ok. Check your facts and start again.
Macdonalds: 1940
In n Out: 1948

I’m just looking at statistical facts that show the results of company a vs company b. Not trying to stir something up or attack anyone. Have a great night bro!

Ok, ok. Check your facts and start again.

I’m just looking at statistical facts that show the results of company a vs company b. Not trying to stir something up or attack anyone. Have a great night bro!

You got me on the four years.

Doesn't alter/change my point. Fair is fair, it was a poor example.

I equally wasn't trying to argue, but I believe strongly that if you're going to work, and I do mean work, you deserve to be compensated and treated appropriately. I also abhor McDonalds.

But, I love knives and you do too so we probably have way more in common than not. You have a good night too bro.

You got me on the four years.

Doesn't alter/change my point. Fair is fair, it was a poor example.

I equally wasn't trying to argue, but I believe strongly that if you're going to work, and I do mean work, you deserve to be compensated and treated appropriately. I also abhor McDonalds.

But, I love knives and you do too so we probably have way more in common than not. You have a good night too bro.
I’m no fan of them myself...in the business. They are poison. That said, their level of service, as referenced previously, might have little to do vs the actual results that they get. Good night and eat your veggies!

On topic,

Weren't we just having this same issue a few weeks ago and a few weeks before that? BladeHQ needs to get it together. Too much competition.

I like BladeHQ because they hustle hard and churn out a lot of enjoyable content on YouTube. They're also one of the bigger retailers which means they have less control over the little things.

That being said, I have read more bad reviews about them than any other major retailer. That's not good and not compelling for a customer, wouldn't be my first pick.

Could be due to their volume compared to others, or growing pains, but not much excuse for the OP's situation. Hopefully they will get it worked out. I think we have taken notice.

A 1940 establishment date for McDonald's is misleading. At first a hot dog stand, the brothers did not introduce burgers, fries and shakes until 1948. Ray Kroc did not enter the picture until 1954. That is when McDonalds System, Inc. was established.

Behind The Arches by John Love is a good source that differs somewhat from Kroc's book or McDonald's own corporate history.

In 'n' Out is older than McDonald's.

A 1940 establishment date for McDonald's is misleading. At first a hot dog stand, the brothers did not introduce burgers, fries and shakes until 1948. Ray Kroc did not enter the picture until 1954. That is when McDonalds System, Inc. was established.

Behind The Arches by John Love is a good source that differs somewhat from Kroc's book or McDonald's own corporate history.

In 'n' Out is older than McDonald's.

This thread took a weird turn. McDonald's may as well be BladeHQ though. I'm not eating anything from either of them, but I'll probably play with the toy that comes in the box. :p

I just ordered a Spyderco Autonomy 2 from BladeHQ earlier..I called to check the balance on my card about 8hours after placing my order and there was no money taken out or no pending transactions..after reading around here on Bladeforums I read nothing but great things about DLT so I figured I would give them a try...I placed my order and immediately checked my card balance and they had already taken the money out (8pm on a Sunday night)..this will be my first purchase with DLT,I hope to have as good of an experience with them as it seems everybody else has...I personally haven’t had any problems with BladeHQ but it seems quite a few people have

I just ordered a Spyderco Autonomy 2 from BladeHQ earlier..I called to check the balance on my card about 8hours after placing my order and there was no money taken out or no pending transactions..after reading around here on Bladeforums I read nothing but great things about DLT so I figured I would give them a try...I placed my order and immediately checked my card balance and they had already taken the money out (8pm on a Sunday night)..this will be my first purchase with DLT,I hope to have as good of an experience with them as it seems everybody else has...I personally haven’t had any problems with BladeHQ but it seems quite a few people have
Dlt has great CS and the fastest shipper known to mankind :D
I’ve never had any problems with BHQ they’ve been great also but they don’t ship as “consistently”fast like DLT.

Back