Never Fear, The Northwoods Zulu Spear is Here!

NJBillK

Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications.
Does anyone have any info on this peculiar piece of info found on the GEC homepage?

Last edited:
There's some thoughts about it in the GEC thread. Maybe something on the 92 frame?

An enigma presented by KSF and GEC can't wait to see what it is.

I'd be interested to know what this is, their IJ in posh steel seems to be on the back burner and that's probably Queen built so I'm interested to know what this one is.

Cat is out of the bag. It's a Northwoods' Zulu Spear, 3.86" closed.

They are starting to drop on KSF now.

Last edited:
Stole this picture off of KSF sight and it is a beauty. Really nice Derrick you guy's have out done yourselves again. :thumbup:

6IMNbYJ.jpg

I can't be the only one who thinks these are a tad bit overpriced. It's not even in d2 or cpm154! I doubt they took any more effort to make than your usual GEC micarta 1 bladed knife, yet they cost near twice as much as a micarta viper.

Yep, I had to snag one up too!! :D

Derrick, since we know what it is now, what other cover materials will be available??

Edit: Never-mind - your video answered my question! (micarta, camel, stag & giraffe bone).

GEC-Micarta-8551__35012.1463420688.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
I can't be the only one who thinks these are a tad bit overpriced. It's not even in d2 or cpm154! I doubt they took any more effort to make than your usual GEC micarta 1 bladed knife, yet they cost near twice as much as a micarta viper.

Maybe. Fluted bolster, private label, Northwoods exclusivity, etc... all add up. With the amount of hand work that go into these, and the cost of setting up tooling to run just a few hundred pieces, I'm surprised they (GEC, Northwoods, Queen, S&M, etc...) cost so little.

If it's not your cup of tea, then by all means don't get one - there are lots of other quality patterns & brands out there for significantly less.....

Im sure Darrick is busy, so here is his vid where he mentions other cover materials including stag and giraffe bone?!

[video=youtube;tD6SYTJu9M4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD6SYTJu9M4[/video]

Camel bone one the way!

NW-Black-Front-8576__94040.1463430830.1280.1280.jpg

Jeff, I got one of these too... very similar to yours. What color would you say these are? The saved photo description from KSF says black, but that's the only place I can find anything regarding color of the camel zulu's. Appears to be more of a dark blue?

Edit: Just watched the youtube video and derrick says it's black..

Black camel
stag
linen micarta
denim micarta
giraffe
mammoth

Last edited:
Oh my God I have to have this. Oh man, I am digging a knife hole for myself. I have other obligations to knife makers, I can't do this, oh my God.

Just ordered a camel bone. Was holding out to see how much the giraffe ones are going to be but as I went through the pictures my will broke.

Two of my favorite things, denim micarta and a Zulu spear.

Of course, no extra money right now. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back