Never Fear, The Northwoods Zulu Spear is Here!

Well, the giraffe bone got snapped up quick. Started out with a weird pricing glitch. I got this one coming... I liked the color variation. Looks a little bit like the spots on a giraffe.

I should have held out for a giraffe bone. They are nice. But a bit out of my price range.

I should have held out for a giraffe bone. They are nice. But a bit out of my price range.

There are still a few left - if this is not what a credit card is for, then I don't know what is!

I already ordered the denim before the giraffe bone came out. Have to budget myself. Plus, I used the reward points to get the denim.

Beautiful knife, I jumped on and the Giraffe were marked at a certain price perused the Camel and Micarta and when I came back to the Giraffe I discovered the price Snafu. I can easily live with the Micarta. The rat bolsters really set the knife off:thumbup:

My wallet is really taking a beating this year. I ordered up a denim micarta for myself, and a black micarta for my father-in-law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some beauties, especially the dark giraffe bone, but just a bit north of my piggy bank balance at the moment. Oh well, can't buy every knife I like the looks of.

Closed Length: 3.86" (98mm)

Overall Length: 6.93" (176mm)

Blade Length: 3.07" (78mm)

Blade Thickness: 0.08" (2.15mm)

Weight: 2.8oz
Blade Steel: 1095 Carbon Steel
Handle Material: Black Camel Bone, Black Linen Micarta, Giraffe, Stag.. and I think Mammoth was mentioned as an option.
Half Stop: Yes
Model Number: 14

... Oh well, can't buy every knife I like the looks of.
Since I visit The Porch a couple of times each day (and sometimes more), I have to remind myself of Ratbert's excellent advice about two dozen times per day! :thumbup::eek::D:thumbup:

- GT

regarding price, the included north woods pocket slip is added value and I appreciate that. However I am disappointed there are no wood covers in this run (bocote would have been amazing on this pattern) so I think I am going to skip this one and defer the cash to multiple #14's

I was going to hold out for the Stag but this Mammoth Ivory really appealed to me, has matching dark streaks on other side.

NW-Mammoth-Ivory-8834__31517.1463445209.290_zpswszbdgiu.jpg

regarding price, the included north woods pocket slip is added value and I appreciate that. However I am disappointed there are no wood covers in this run (bocote would have been amazing on this pattern) so I think I am going to skip this one and defer the cash to multiple #14's

I think Northwoods were limited to 500 pcs, so the variety of scales would obviously be affected. Also, bocote is a pretty common material in traditional pocket knives.

I give KSF credit for putting out Giraffe Bone. Big kudos, even though I ordered a mammoth ivory.

I think Northwoods were limited to 500 pcs, so the variety of scales would obviously be affected. Also, bocote is a pretty common material in traditional pocket knives.

I give KSF credit for putting out Giraffe Bone. Big kudos, even though I ordered a mammoth ivory.
but two micartas? ebony would have sold just as well as black micarta.

Beautiful covers, my favorite blade shape but too rich for my blood and, to beat a dead horse....sunken pins on a $260 knife is unacceptable.

Alan

Oh criminy! Those are beautiful! Derrick knows us so well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back