New 14 run

ENDCAPS!!!! that is all, im sold, i was gonna say no because of the 15s haul, but end caps!

Initially I was interested but I'd much prefer a Barehead option here as well. Too bad the entire run is double-bolstered, unless I'm mistaken?

Will, I don't think the entire run will have end caps. Mike Latham made a statement in the "Let's Talk GEC" thread that "All Tidioute shorts will be end-capped". I think he was referring the the Tidioute short runs (100 piece SFO's) but I'm not sure how to single those out.

Perhaps that means that the others may not be end-capped?

Will, I don't think the entire run will have end caps. Mike Latham made a statement in the "Let's Talk GEC" thread that "All Tidioute shorts will be end-capped". I think he was referring the the Tidioute short runs (100 piece SFO's) but I'm not sure how to single those out.

i mean i dont expect the barlows to have end caps but looking at those charts, maybe i gotta wait for the pictures before i jump the gun

I read Mike's post the same way and have also been thinking the Northfield's would be bare ended :confused:

For some reason I don’t really like wood on my traditionals. Not sure why. Anyways I like snake wood so I’m definitely down for one. And I’ve been waiting on a 14 with a clip blade. They are my favorite watch pocket knife.

I said in the talk GEC thread that they made it hard on this run! So many choices, hard to choose. Some of their recent runs peaked my interest until I saw the covers or blade shapes or combinations. This runs seems to have something for most tastes. I decided to get on the reserve for the green with boot shield. I’m no cowboy but something just seemed to go together there, American knife with a cowboy boot. Seems like it’ll be a nice classic little knife by the time my grandkids get their hands on it one day.

I've decided on my handles for the Barlow. I am ignoring the subtleties of life for now - everything is Black and White!!:D
Smooth-polished Ebony and Smooth-polished Ivory Bone (not really white of course!)!
250 of each will be made.

Sure this has been asked before, but how are the Charlie SFOs sold... is there a pre-order somewhere, is it through different dealers, or one big free for all drop at some point? I know I'm probably one of the few who actually wants one of these...

Sure this has been asked before, but how are the Charlie SFOs sold... is there a pre-order somewhere, is it through different dealers, or one big free for all drop at some point? I know I'm probably one of the few who actually wants one of these...
This is posted in Charlies signature 2 posts above yours:
To find my SFOs and the dealers who carry them, check my developing website at:
www.waynorthcutlery.net
We are not supposed to discuss the buying process in this forum.:thumbsup:

Is there a forum to discuss the buying process? I dont see one on the main listing, but there are like 300 subforums on this site so maybe I missed it. I ask because everyone seems to know to when preorders are open (e.g. for the Gunstock Jack 14) such that they’re already sold out before anything shows up on this forum. How do I get in the loop?

Is there a forum to discuss the buying process? I dont see one on the main listing, but there are like 300 subforums on this site so maybe I missed it. I ask because everyone seems to know to when preorders are open (e.g. for the Gunstock Jack 14) such that they’re already sold out before anything shows up on this forum. How do I get in the loop?
There's a thread in "feedback, good bad & ugly."
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/how-to-make-the-gec-drop.1595705/

P.S. Sorry, no end caps!!:rolleyes:
:cool:

Ive learned my lesson Charlie! No end caps on barlows! Cant wait to see how they come out! Both excellent cover choices, if Bill is willing, I can custom cut some sterling sheet for a very exclusive barlow! Ill ask if he is interested when rendezvous time rolls around :D:D:D:eek:

I’m down for a Charlie C smooth ivory bone, one from gunstock jack and a boot shield from Olde town.
Can’t wait!

Does DLT do any kind of pre order deal, or is it just first come first serve when the finally get them? I've been eyeing that appalossa bone to make it a smooth bone trifecta along with Gunstock Jacks and Olde Towne releases.

View attachment 943560
However for me, I'm most interested in the 2-blade GEC variants at the end of the run. I love the 14 frame but it's a little thin for my liking when it's only packing a single blade.

My sentiments , and why I changed mine to a 2 bld. I started to get the smooth ivory, like I had on the farmers jack before, but thought I'd leave that for Charlie. Just kidding, I decided for the smooth white with the bar shield and thread on the bolster. First stamped version of Lick Creek Cutlery.

lick creek smooth white boys knife.JPG

Back