• Yes, definitely buy multiple

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Nah, nothing interesting

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Who Cares

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Last edited:
Where did this list come from? Are the rereleased san mai knives still made in Japan and are they VG1 San Mai.
Is the Magnum Tanto XII also VG1 San Mai?

Very interesting. I'm liking the look of the Bush Ranger a lot. I'm also quite curious about what looks like a safety on the side of several of the knives and the inclusion of 8cr13mov.

Looks like most/all of these are also up on BladeHQ's 'Coming Soon' section with MSRPs and such.

The safety slide looks to only appear on the knives produced in China, which makes me think they use conventional backlocks rather than the Triad.

Pricing looks like it's going to be very competitive with some of the Chinese models having an MSRP of $39.99, which I'm guessing means $25 or so street.

Bush Ranger is an almost certain buy for me, the budget stuff has me curious as well, though.

New San Mai knives all have different model numbers than original San Mai models. VG-10 is the steel used, country of orgin is not listed. MSRP is lower than the original San Mai models. I'm guessing they are made in Taiwan. Nice to see San Mai versions being reintroduced. If the quality of the 3-V models is any indication then these should be excellent as well.

I'm guessing street will be somewhere between $125-135 just based on Cold Steel's normal street vs MSRP, which seems super competitive for what you're getting. And those contoured scales look super comfy.
:) Yeah , I agree ! I'm just super "thrifty" , sorta poor , and have SWMBO to justifiably remind me that I already possess more blades than any small army could utilize .:p

New San Mai knives all have different model numbers than original San Mai models. VG-10 is the steel used, country of orgin is not listed. MSRP is lower than the original San Mai models. I'm guessing they are made in Taiwan. Nice to see San Mai versions being reintroduced. If the quality of the 3-V models is any indication then these should be excellent as well.
:) That very keenly observant of you ! I guess CS noticed that fans missed the old SM or maybe sales on 3V were not so good ?

That storm cloud looks like a solid piece! May have to check that one out when it is released. Hopefully the price will be considerably less than the MSRP.

Back