Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Yes, definitely buy multiple

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Nah, nothing interesting

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Who Cares

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Gotchya, I had a crkt m16 many many years ago, long before I become a bladeforums member. LAWKS is a joke.
That's what made me think of the CRKT system but what I saw was the lock back/ tri-ad.

Gotchya, I had a crkt m16 many many years ago, long before I become a bladeforums member. LAWKS is a joke.
"Virtually a fixed blade".
Yea let's not start that conversation lol. I have an M16 laying around. Bought it used in a lot. Never carry it.

"Virtually a fixed blade".
Yea let's not start that conversation lol. I have an M16 laying around. Bought it used in a lot. Never carry it.
But the virtual fixed blade conversations are so fun! I am curious to see how the leaf spring lock and saftey work, why didn't they just call it a liner lock? Who the hell knows.

:mad: I've never liked the notion that a folder's lock should NEED a backup , safety lock . The one lock should be safe without extra help .Don't put a bandaid on a deficient lock . Fix the design .

I trust the Triad lock to not need any help .:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Agreed sir, agreed!

Just got in touch with cold steel through their instagram page, they said that the reason it is not showing up on their website is due to an error and that there is nothing else they are releasing this year.

Seriously? Dang. That means all we're getting this year are 16 new items(several of which are just already existing items in different steels), plus some stupid gloves and a redneck camo cap. Not their most inspiring lineup for sure.

I'll get the large Luzon cause I like XL blades(not sure why we can't get it in AUS-8 or BD-1 though), the drop forged push dagger cause I like push daggers, and probably the Mini Tac Bowie, but...that's all that interests me in the least.

I'm sure that I will grab some more toys, as I always do. But I admit that with (a few casual views) of the new 2018 additions, I am underwhelmed. Last year was the mountain top. This year looks like flat land.

Last edited:
some of the new stuff looks interestng....not thrilled on the 8cr13mov steels though.

The Storm Cloud and Bush Ranger look great. I like the Thumb Plate on my Rajah III and both of these knives have it

I've got the Storm Cloud on my list.
I wish the Medium Luzon was AUS8A instead of 8Cr13MoV.

Back