New Book by Kevin Estela!!!

Brian Jones

5FA7725C-D613-4B2A-BF36-A5BA2AB7081C.jpeg Hey, all, I know it’s been awhile since I’ve posted but I wanted to give you a heads up about a new book by our co-moderator, Kevin Estela, that’s being released soon!

I met Kevin a long time ago right at the start of his wilderness skills journey. I’ve watched with pride as he quickly went from student to master of wilderness and survival skills. He always had an amazing natural talent for these skills, but he also has worked tirelessly to continually improve and perfect them out in the most austere conditions in every environment around the world. He’s truly the real deal as a survival expert!

That’s why I’m really excited about his new book “101 Skills You Need to Survive in the Woods.” After years of very incomplete presentations in other books, even by some very skilled and renowned people, for the first time in wilderness book history, Kevin is the only one who has written a manual that can actually be immediately put to practice by readers. He doesn’t just show you the skills, but he teaches you how and where to find and recognize the natural materials you’ll need to survive, and he brilliantly demonstrates how to “marry” primitive skills with modern skills and gear. Plus, he beautifully keeps it all in context of the principles, priorities, and goals you’ll need to know as you expand your own skill sets — the critical factor in effectively surviving in the outdoors. In other words, he doesn’t just show you how to use these skills, but *why.*

I eagerly await watching readers begin sharing their abilities to use and apply the skills that they learned from Kevin’s book.

5 stars out of 5!

Thank you for the kind words Brian! This book is a passion project of mine. I know if I had it as a pre-teen kid, I would have loved to take it to the woods and try out the skills shown in the photos. I wrote it to appeal to all skill levels though. There are 80k plus words and it will read well. I'm seriously honored to have such a wide variety of experts backing it.

I'm more than happy to answer questions from the Wilderness and Survival Skills Forum members here.

Cool! I got a Barnes and Noble card for Xmas. Now I know what to get. I wonder what section it will be in?
Kevin, I read and enjoyed your articles in "Backwoodsman" magazine. Good job!--KV

Thank you for the kind words Brian! This book is a passion project of mine. I know if I had it as a pre-teen kid, I would have loved to take it to the woods and try out the skills shown in the photos. I wrote it to appeal to all skill levels though. There are 80k plus words and it will read well. I'm seriously honored to have such a wide variety of experts backing it.

I'm more than happy to answer questions from the Wilderness and Survival Skills Forum members here.
Double post--sorry

Thank you and thank you! Two "thank you's" for the double post.

AWESOME!!!!

I haven't posted all that much over the years but folks who see this book will recall the style and skills-focus of the good ole' days here on BF. I can't wait for you guys to see this. One month to go!!!

Kev
I remember that the WSS sub forum was very active when came on here in "05 .
I live in Southbury. I'll have to come to one of your book signings to get your sig on it so I can sell it for a pile of money when you get famous!:)--KV

Thanks guys. I took a departure from the forums a while back when I was working in upstate NY at the WLC. After that, magazine writing took over and my time online became limited. I haven't forgotten my roots and I hope some of the folks here are still up for good skills discussion and debate. I really think you guys will appreciate this book and hope to have a great running dialogue here if anyone has any additional questions.

I will probably pick this book up after it's published. I would prefer to page through it at a book store before buying. I need a good woodscraft reference book or another one.

22Rimfire, I’m betting after looking through just a few pages, you’ll buy it!

I will probably pick this book up after it's published. I would prefer to page through it at a book store before buying. I need a good woodscraft reference book or another one.
Hell, one section of my library is woods craft. Knowledge on paper might become rare if the interwebz goes down.:)--KV

Back