New Case Swayback

Peregrin

Traditional Forum Moderator
Gold Member
I just got this one today. Case 1st run stag Tony Bose Swayback jack,TB52117SS. This is one very nice little knife. Sharp out of the box, nice walk and talk, half stops and very nice fit and finish for a production knife.

DSC01367.jpg

DSC01368.jpg

DSC01369.jpg

That looks nice. I had a chance to handle one of the quality test run editions with the teal jigged bone scales. The fit and finish was very nice. The backspring was even flush in all positions. I think this one will be a big seller for Case.

Nice huh! I was pretty impressed with these little knives. They did a good job with the half stops and the spring tension is just right. I think these SBJs are going to break records for Case.

Great looking knife ya got there.:thumbup::cool:

Gary, what are the stats? (Length closed, weight, etc.)

Good lookin' little knife. :thumbup:

Elliott, It's 3.5" closed and weighs in at 2oz. The blades are truesharp stainless (can't have everything I guess). I'm quite impressed with it. The extended spring on the pen blade is a nice touch.

I'm gonna put it in my pocket and see how it does. I love the pattern.

Great pattern, and if I recall correctly, Case will be issuing them in CV.

That's a real sweet looking knife Gary. Congrats! Nice photos also; thanks for sharing those!

Oh, jeez, thanks a bunch! I was just thinking I had pretty much everything I wanted (yeah, right) and now this!

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya...

-- Sam

Elliott, It's 3.5" closed and weighs in at 2oz. The blades are truesharp stainless (can't have everything I guess). I'm quite impressed with it. The extended spring on the pen blade is a nice touch.

I'm gonna put it in my pocket and see how it does. I love the pattern.

Actually, it is 3 3/16 long closed. It fits right in the watch pocket of your bluejeans.

.....It fits right in the watch pocket of your bluejeans.

Watch pocket size has become an important feature for me lately in my knife buying. I ordered one of these when you guys first mentioned they were in the works. Been on backorder for awhile but I noticed my credit card had been charged the other day so I am expecting mine anytime. Glad to see Peregrin's post and picture.

Actually, it is 3 3/16 long closed. It fits right in the watch pocket of your bluejeans.

Tony, I believe you (and John S. from Case) mentioned it was going to be available in CV. Was I correct in my mentioning that? (I sure as heck don't want to be responsible for starting a foundationless rumor.)

I sent an email to Shepherd Hills asking that same question. They answered that they would check into it but I heard nothing more from them. Sure would be nice wouldn't it?

Tony, I believe you (and John S. from Case) mentioned it was going to be available in CV. Was I correct in my mentioning that? (I sure as heck don't want to be responsible for starting a foundationless rumor.)

They tell me they have plans to make it in CV but I don't know when.

Mail lady just came through. Maybe she knew there was a hot thread going on BFC or something, I don't know, but she delivered my knife a few minutes ago. I can't improve on the pictures that Peregrin posted so I figured I would show the tin the knife came in. Pretty cool in its own right. Got kind of old beat up "pocket worn" look to it.
This knife is a really nice one, guys. Great stag, half stops, sharp, blades dead centered when closed, and get this there is an extended spring for the smaller blade to fill that lint catcher in the trough. I have no problem with Case stainless but if this is any example, when this puppy comes out in CV there will be dancing in the street.

IMG_2575_2.jpg

Wow, that looks great, Rob. I'm sorely tempted to break down and get one before the CV version comes out but I'll try to be strong and live on vicariously through my buds.

I do have an email in to Case's marketing director to try to get some kind of idea when they plan on offering the CV version.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Wow, that looks great, Rob. I'm sorely tempted to break down and get one before the CV version comes out but I'll try to be strong and live on vicariously through my buds.

I do have an email in to Case's marketing director to try to get some kind of idea when they plan on offering the CV version.

I'll keep everyone posted.
I could not wait, :grumpy: went ahead and ordered it, perhaps it will do until CV comes out. Keep us posted.
Jim

Back