• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

New Chris Reeve Sebenza Sheath is Here!

I'm pleased to announce that our much anticipated Chris Reeve Sebenza 21 sheath is now available for order!

This sheath is offered in our signature design style, 100% handmade in the USA and hand molded to fit the Chris Reeve Large Sebenza 21 folding knife. Made of premium grade Herman Oak leather and secured by our rugged hardware, this sheath is sure to keep your knife secure and safe. All of our sheath are treated with a water resistant finish, which will repel water and protect your knife. Choose from our base model or add on a firesteel holder. With both models we include a hex key to reverse the belt loop to allow for right or left carry, or to detach the firesteel holder. Accommodates belts up to 1-1/2” inches.

Price is $80 for basic version, +$15 for optional firesteel loop

sebenza3.jpg

sebenza2.jpg

sebenza4.jpg

Last edited:
Could I see a photo of the back side? I know it's probably not as pretty back there, but it would give me a better idea of how it attaches to my belt. :)

Could I see a photo of the back side? I know it's probably not as pretty back there, but it would give me a better idea of how it attaches to my belt. :)

Here's a quick shot of the back for a brown one I made for the first run. The belt loop is reversible for right vs left hand carry.

sebenza5.jpg

That's what I wanted to see. I wasn't sure if it was a canted, horizontal or vertical carry. Thanks much!

We will be offering a vertical configuration in the near future, once we work through the backlog for our other sheaths. I found in designing the sheath that the horizontal carry holds the knife very securely and rides well on the belt. The retention comes from proper molding of the leather, the type of leather we use, and stitching placement. We've sold a ton of SNG and Hinderer sheaths and no complaints yet!

Very nice! What kind of delivery time do you anticipate?

Also are there different models for 21's, MM Classics, Regulars, etc?

Also I'm not understanding the belt loop being adjustable for right and left handed. I'm not trying to be obtuse I just can't visualize it. I'm interested in a brown one for a large insingo.

This is for the Sebenza 21. If someone wanted one for an older model I could certainty accommodate that.

Delivery time is currently at 4 weeks. We've had quite a few orders since the weekend and there are a few spots left on the second run.

In regards to the belt loop, the screws are removable and you can rotate the belt loop 180 degrees. It can be worn either way as is, the only thing reversing the belt loop does is turn the gravitas logo.

Hey thanks for the speedy reply. Will there be a vertical loop available down the road?

I'll take a brown one for a Large 21 Insingo. Just let me know how to pay you or place the order if not here.

Thanks Again!

Hey thanks for the speedy reply. Will the be a vertical loop available down the road?

I'll take a brown one for a Large 21 Insingo. Just let me know how to pay you or place the order if not here.

Thanks Again!

Yes I expect the vertical carry to be available sometime in the fall for all folding models. Right now we are working on our first run of titanium handled fire steels and tinder tubes which are almost ready to launch. They will be available first week of August. We will have a limited supply on the first run, and will be available on a first come first serve basis.

All orders for this sheath can be placed directly through the website. Thanks

Will this work for a Umnumzaan? If not will you be making one in the future? Looks very nice.

Unfortunately this will not fit an Umnumzaan, and we do not have plans on making one for production in the near future. I could certainty do one on a custom basis if you were interested.

I ordered a sheath and a belt. I'm anxious to see them. Will be a long four weeks!

I would like a regular men's belt. I selected left, would that be correct for the buckle end to end up on the left and the free end to be on the right?

Nice website by the way.

I ordered a sheath and a belt. I'm anxious to see them. Will be a long four weeks!

I would like a regular men's belt. I selected left, would that be correct for the buckle end to end up on the left and the free end to be on the right?

Nice website by the way.

Thank you for your order, I think you will be very pleased with the combo. You are correct on the belt configuration, and your order is all set. I've added you on the end of our second run so I'd expect the wait to be shorter than the 4 weeks. We'll be in touch when we're ready to ship. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back