New Code 4

Pretty hard to tell the difference, judging by my Mini-Rukus in S30V and American Lawman in CTS-XHP. CTS-XHP seems to be a little easier to sharpen than S30V, and about the same as S35Vn (Sebbie 21).

Great idea. That works like the micarta inserts on a Sebenza. It gives your fingers just enough to grip without being obtrusive. And if it gets worn, it's easy to replace.

Another benefit is that it gives the handle slightly more thickness so it's more hand filling to grip. I just think Code 4 handle is too thin. They could use 4mm thick aluminum and mill some grip pattern on it.

I wonder why Code 4 is much cheaper than say Lawman or Recon 1? i got mine for $75. Might be the coating or that Aluminum is cheaper to process than G10

I'm seriously considering one but all this talk of the pocket clip and slippery scales had me side stepping a little . But looks like a nice solid knife .

Just bumping this thread to share a trick to make the Code 4 even better. I just finished putting some gun grip tape on my new Code 4 and it pretty much transformed the Code 4 from being overly thin and slippery to the most perfect feeling CS knife i own. It's amazing how a little bit of extra thickness and grip can make so much difference!

The knife still carry as thin as before since the grip tape probably only added ~0.5mm of extra thickness to the knife. The tape i use is called GT5000. I think you can get it from THE popular online shopping site for cheap. It's pretty much the most popular one if you search for "gun grip tape". I think this is the company that produces it: http://guntape.com/

Seriously if you think Code 4 is too slippery for you, you gotta try this..

Have any pictures of your code 4 with the grip tape ?
Great idea btw [emoji106]🏻

Have any pictures of your code 4 with the grip tape ?
Great idea btw [emoji106]🏻

Here you go:
12328428_1692748300964634_1243891045_n.jpg

12328440_441071186101791_2109344219_n.jpg

^^Very nice looks great man !
I bet that made a huge difference to [emoji1303]

I wonder why Code 4 is much cheaper than say Lawman or Recon 1? i got mine for $75. Might be the coating or that Aluminum is cheaper to process than G10
Aluminum is MUCH easier to machine than G10, and is MUCH easier on tooling.

Another benefit is that it gives the handle slightly more thickness so it's more hand filling to grip. I just think Code 4 handle is too thin. They could use 4mm thick aluminum and mill some grip pattern on it.

I got my XHP American Lawman in Coyote Tan, for $62 and change shipped :)

Back