New Collins Machete.

The ones we have at work have the Guatamola stamp on the tang. And they came from Hayes Instruments. Must warn you though they were about as dull as a butter knife.:thumbdn:

The only machetes I have seen that come with a decent edge are the Condors. I don't mind grinding a new edge on a $15 machete. It does sort of peave me a bit when I have to do the same thing on a $300 "Combat" knife.

The only machetes I have seen that come with a decent edge are the Condors. I don't mind grinding a new edge on a $15 machete. It does sort of peave me a bit when I have to do the same thing on a $300 "Combat" knife.

Agreed. Doesn't take more than a few minutes with a file anyhow. :)

Anyone got a spare machete they want to trade some leather work for? Not only do I have some Rat RC knives on my shopping list but now I also have some Collin's I need to get. ;)

Heber

Funny that this just came up.

There is a certain machete nut working with a well known maker on a whole truckfull of modified 1940 US made collins machetes. More news at 11.

14,15, and 16 inch are the workin man's machete for smaller stuff. Its a great size! You'll be seeing more of that in the condor stuff later too.

There is a certain machete nut working with a well known maker on a whole truckfull of modified 1940 US made collins machetes. More news at 11.

14,15, and 16 inch are the workin man's machete for smaller stuff. Its a great size! You'll be seeing more of that in the condor stuff later too.

I can't wait.:)

No, really, I can't wait!!:eek:

YES! Gotta' keep feeding that machete addiction! :D:D:D

Oh how cool is that? Mmmmmmmmachetes for everyone!

Is it 11 yet? Whats the news (PLEASE FEED ME NEWS, MUST KNOW)?:confused:

Check this out:

sheaths103_1110-vi.jpg

Interesting. Looks like you removed the handles and cut the tips off. What are you going to do with them now?

Heber

I actually think the tips were like that already. You can find a fair number of Collins machetes on the 'bay that have that sort of tip--supposedly for holding down brush or something.

The ones we have at work have the Guatamola stamp on the tang. And they came from Hayes Instruments. Must warn you though they were about as dull as a butter knife.:thumbdn:

Actually, these machetes didn't have that bad a grind on them compared to some. They would cut. Not like the polished convex edge Condor does, but not that bad. Of course, I put a polished convex edge on the one I'll be using.

Collins001-1.jpg

Collins002-1.jpg

Collins004-2.jpg

Doesn't collins make a pretty slick 12 inch special ops machette? With a HUGE belly?

Collins has made all manner of bowies, swords, and machetes, but I don't know about Special ops, since Collins went out of business about the time "special operations" began to be used as a military term. Ontario makes a Special Forces machete with a big belly.

SFMachete001.jpg

SFMachete002.jpg

It has a wicked sharpened swedge. I am saving mine for the zombie uprising. I can't think of any other practical use for it. :D

SFMachete003.jpg

SFMachete004.jpg

That's the BLACKIE Collins Kelly Worden machete. He's a knife designer, and has no relation to the company Legitimus Collins, which is long deceased. :)

I agree--that beast is good for little beyond making the undead the re-dead. :)

Last edited:
This one is a Worden designed machete. I think he is some kind of martial arts guru or something. Or a zombie killer.

^ Yep. The paracorded area acts as a second handle for martial applications, as well as the "hooked" top swedge.

To each his own though. . .

I'm still on the look out for a Collins Machete or two. I was interested in them before do to the Bowie they made, now more so by this thread and getting to sheath a few these last few weeks. Feel free to post more action shots with your Machetes. :)

Heber

Back