New Cooper Cutlery knives?

Whatever anyone thinks about Coopers...lets face it...pot shields belong in hock shops next to samurai swords and Ragnar Lothbrock viking skull bongs.
Would this shop have a name and internet presence?

I mean, the pot shield is not my thing- but it’s no worse than a banana or alligator. That’s probably the smartest move they made so far, reaching a segment of the market that no other traditionals have touched.

I mean, the pot shield is not my thing- but it’s no worse than a banana or alligator. That’s probably the smartest move they made so far, reaching a segment of the market that no other traditionals have touched.
I like the banana shield on the banana bone knives. Fits the theme nicely, reminds me of an anchor shield on a nautical knife or the hexagonal shield on the Otter-Messer bee master. A pot leaf...idk, if it's hempwood or hemp micarta or something it'd at least make more sense to me.

Last edited:
thats gotta be for a very specific demographic. i mean i know some folks that are big into that and traditional knives, but its a very small subset of people.

I didn't even realize what it was until one of y'all pointed it out, and then I just looked at as a bit of whimsy, given the name.
The world could do with a bit more whimsy AFAIC.

Jon, I know what a bong is but what is a Ragnar Lothbrock Viking skull
bong? Sounds intriguing. 😃
Its something I made up as an example to typify the kind of merchandise the CashMartMoneyLent in Wollongong sells...completely fictitious.
Oh no....
Usually found next to the grinders ,methpipes and blowtorch lighters...near the stolen fishing reels and playststions...
JohnDF JohnDF please note I only know thus because I used to go in there looking for trad pocketknives..🙂

I know... I'm Anti-Drug and Pro Boy Scouts.
Both are not very popular opinions these days... feel free to ignore them, most people do. :)
I just figure if others are allowed to post their Pro-Drug opinions, I should be allowed to post the opposite.
I am pro Boy Scouts and know several who are pot heads, one being an Eagle Scout. Another was my Junior Scoutmaster. Our scoutmasters would cool beer in a stream...but that was awhile ago I'm pretty sure it's not done now :)

Maryjane is legal for recreational purposes in 19 states...pretty large demographic.

Back