New CPM Grade

I’m sure the first company to produce a “sprint” or a new model with this steel will sell many.
It will be in production line ups rather than sprints in the coming years. It's just too new right now. A production company needs time to R&D and put into the line up.

Love powder steels -- at least, now that diamond hones are available. That said, my latest purchase is a Buck 212 in humble, easy-to-sharpen 420HC. I once came across a 119 lying in the salty bilge of a west coast fishing boat, who knows for how long. Hosed it off, found not a hint of corrosion. Good stuff. Now, I gotta go spend some time honing my Military in S110V... got all morning.
S45VN will sharpen faster than S110v.

DeadboxHero,
I am interested in your blades finial hardness when you finished grinding the blank. Please post pictures of the finial finish and grit, looking forward to seeing the finial finish.
And of course your review.

Jeff

Liquid Nitrogen Cryo complete
SEqJoWG.jpg

Setting up for Tempering
Tempering is always very sensitive. So it's nice to hook directly to the blade more Thremocouple probes to log more data for curves and quality.
ZFED08m.jpg

Should see an increase in rust resistance with all that CR, competes with some of the old timers like 440C for corrosion resistance it seems.

Last edited:
Should see an increase in rust resistance with all that CR, competes with some of the old timers like 440C for corrosion resistance it seems.

Ah yes the corrison resistance, that was their intention with this steel.

I care could less about a more stainless s35vn.

The only reason I'm even using this stuff is there was a hidden benifit to some of the changes they made.

Reactions: nsm
Back