New for 2015

Looks like Knifecenter has a Pocket Bushman in BD1 up for preorder. Didn't see it on the website, so I'm not sure if real.

I know it has been asked already, and maybe you just can't answer this question... but can we get an approximate release date on the 4-max? Are we talking weeks? Months? Maybe not until June/July? Can't wait to see what you guys can turn out with a US produced knife like this!

I know it has been asked already, and maybe you just can't answer this question... but can we get an approximate release date on the 4-max? Are we talking weeks? Months? Maybe not until June/July? Can't wait to see what you guys can turn out with a US produced knife like this!

I don't have a release date for the 4-MAX yet, but I'm hoping to see them begin shipping around April / May

Thanks

For the throwers, they also announced that in addition to the single gladius thrower, you can also get a 3 pack that also includes a sheath.

CS finally stepped up their game in the kbit area:thumbup:Just preordered a plain and a serrated Karambit @ knifecenter. Does anyone know when the dealers will be stocking these? Karambit.com has these ready to be shipped March 2.

Cold Steel Rep,

I received my Recon 1 in CTS-XHP today, however I am wondering if they sent me the right knife or if it is an Aus 8 version. Is the steel type supposed to be labeled? Also, the coating does not look to be DLC. It has the same shiny look as all my other Cold Steel models, a glossy, shiny look. Does it sound like I got the wrong knife? Thanks

A very small advance run of the new XHP models were shipped without the steel type etched on the blade.
The part number on the packaging will reflect which model you have.
the XHP models that have already been released are:

SKU# 27TLCC
SKU# 27TLCTH
SKU# 27TLCT

Let me know if that helps

Thanks

Cold Steel, thanks for the quick response! My number does match the top number you listed. So does the DLC on these models look similar to the regular Recon models? This looks identical to all my other Cold Steel blades, and unlike my other DLC coated blades. I'm not trying to be a nuisance, and the knife is flawless, just want to make sure it is legitimate. Thanks again.

Cold Steel, thanks for the quick response! My number does match the top number you listed. So does the DLC on these models look similar to the regular Recon models? This looks identical to all my other Cold Steel blades, and unlike my other DLC coated blades. I'm not trying to be a nuisance, and the knife is flawless, just want to make sure it is legitimate. Thanks again.

Did you get the knife directly from Cold Steel?
If it came from us and the SKU matches, it should be the correct knife.
If you got it from another vendor it might be tough to authenticate

Take a plastic spatula and try to scratch the coating. Tuff-Ex will, DLC won't.

If you can see the grinding lines on the blade through the coating it is DLC.

Did you get the knife directly from Cold Steel?
If it came from us and the SKU matches, it should be the correct knife.
If you got it from another vendor it might be tough to authenticate

I did not get it through Cold Steel, but it did come from a reputable dealer. I may just contact them tomorrow and see about getting it replaced. Thank you for your time, it is much appreciated.

Take a plastic spatula and try to scratch the coating. Tuff-Ex will, DLC won't.

If you can see the grinding lines on the blade through the coating it is DLC.

I CAN see the grind lines. It may just be that I am used to Zero Tolerance and Spyderco DLC that looks a little more porous, and this may be a little more polished.

I did not get it through Cold Steel, but it did come from a reputable dealer.

If it's from a trustworthy source I think you'll be OK
Like I said, only a very small shipment were released without the steel identification etch. It looks like you got one of the very first batch
If you can see those grind lines it sounds legit

If it's from a trustworthy source I think you'll be OK
Like I said, only a very small shipment were released without the steel identification etch. It looks like you got one of the very first batch
If you can see those grind lines it sounds legit

Excellent! Thanks again for all your help and I'm looking forward to the rest of the 2015 Cold Steel lineup. You guys have really nailed it this time!

I bought two of the XHP Recon 1 tantos when they first came out. My first Recons (apart from an orange micro Recon 1).

I think the XL tanto may be bought at some point.

Where is the new Tai Pan made? I noticed that MSRP dropped a lot so I'm guessing Taiwan or China.

Back