New for 2015

The new 3-V TaiPan is American steel, assembled in Taiwan. The San Mai Version is made in Japan

You guys should revamp the sanmai III and use a much harder steel (one that is no good as a whole blade for chopping but has excellent edge retention). I've always thought the San Mai III was a great idea but would be much better executed with a different steel then vg1. Something like d2 for the edge bevel.

Did the Spartan really get as big a weight reduction as I'm seeing in the specs? Pre-2015 shows 9.2oz and the new 2015 says 5oz which would be an incredible drop! Did the new 2015 model get some serious milling done?

Did the Spartan really get as big a weight reduction as I'm seeing in the specs? Pre-2015 shows 9.2oz and the new 2015 says 5oz which would be an incredible drop! Did the new 2015 model get some serious milling done?

Perhaps it's linerless now?

Question for Cold Steel:
What is the difference between the new Flash-Tek lock on the Swift-1 and the Tri-ad lock? Also, any approx release date for the Swift? Thanks.

Question for Cold Steel:
What is the difference between the new Flash-Tek lock on the Swift-1 and the Tri-ad lock? Also, any approx release date for the Swift? Thanks.

The Flash-Tek is a mechanism essentially allowing a Tri-Ad lock to be assisted.
The Swift still uses a Tri-Ad
I don't have a release date for the Swift yet, sorry

I was looking at cold steel recon 1 in XHP on blade HQ's website and i noticed that the edge does not go all the way to towards the sharpening choil. so what the point of a sharpening choil if the edge does not go all the way to the end?

I was looking at cold steel recon 1 in XHP on blade HQ's website and i noticed that the edge does not go all the way to towards the sharpening choil. so what the point of a sharpening choil if the edge does not go all the way to the end?

Not that this answers your question (and I'm curious myself), but this seems to be the way all CS knives come.

Back