NEW - Free Raffle/Giveaway - Hinderer XM-24 - Winner will be announced on our site

Status
Not open for further replies.
was not expecting this. I just have to say wow to how all this is turning out so far. hopefully KE will chime in soon.

Maybe something that's not just a copy and paste response.. ;)

I am beginning to question the whole thing now personally in light of how things are going now with the new developments....

What ?? You mean the email I got telling me I was a winner was spam?

It figures, just another email harvester .. Anyone figure out how to delete the account you were required to fill out yet?

Maybe something that's not just a copy and paste response.. ;)

I am beginning to question the whole thing now personally in light of how things are going now with the new developments....

I agree. KE has offered no evidence to counter the arguments against them, only copy and pasting readily found text, or giving ambiguous responses that hold no weight.

Thats just getting down to semantics. I'm sure KE meant any person on Bladeforums when they used the word (member)
Exactly any member from Bladeforums that signs-up on our site and enters their bladeforums name is eligible, nowhere I have ever mentioned paid members only (this is not of our business), and that is what we did, read the opening thread specifically I have mentioned to add your bladeforums name and all info requested. All members that followed the instructions were in the draw.

George

Never mind my New Mexico comments, The main account of the winner states they are actually from Texas... Even closer to Albany Texas:)

I think that is where the last winner lives and works. Stephen Slampa. Maybe it is Abilene TX. Only 34 miles from the company itself.

Last edited:
Exactly any member from Bladeforums that signs-up on our site and enters their bladeforums name is eligible, nowhere I have ever mentioned paid members only (this is not of our business), and that is what we did, read the opening thread specifically I have mentioned to add your bladeforums name and all info requested. All members that followed the instructions were in the draw.

George

...OK yes "All members that followed the instructions were in the draw"

But who else was in the draw? The myriad of randoms on Facebook that got to participate in a giveaway "only for members belonging to Bladeforums"

The keyword being only.

Bladeforums is a community that rewards those who reward the community.

In my opinion you established a lot of hype by doing this giveaway (see 33k views) and that hype led to many people tooting Knives Emporium's horn (How many sig lines have I seen referencing KE?). This led to a surge in business (I'm sure) for KE. However this is all under the false pretenses that KE was doing a BFC exclusive.

Knives Emporium mislead the BFC community into thinking that KE "had a special spot for Bladeforums in their hearts" when in reality they were using BFC as a means of cheap advertisement.

Last edited:

George

Please revisit your initial post George. I quote "A unique Free raffle/giveaway for members belonging to bladeforums only." Membership in BladeForums is only attained through paid Membership.

...OK yes "All members that followed the instructions were in the draw"

But who else was in the draw? The myriad of randoms on Facebook that got to participate in a giveaway "only for members belonging to Bladeforums"

The keyword being only.
Members from bladeforums only, read my opening post and ask all the other goldmembers and others that have won before from CA and other states.

George

I think that is where the last winner lives and works. Stephen Slampa. Maybe it is Abilene TX. Only 34 miles from the company itself.

I drive almost that far to work everyday. ;)

Members from bladeforums only, read my opening post and ask all the other goldmembers and others that have won before from CA and other states.

George

Then explain this
1zeypth.png

George

Anyone that we might know, that has been around for awhile?

Some of us know a lot of people here on BF......

I don't remember seeing anyone posting that they won a knife and doing a review or anything....

George

I think we should move on from this. Semantics is what it is:) Someone with a bladeforums username can reasonably be thought of as a member by Knives Emporium. What we should focus on is the fact that the winner used multiple accounts and therefore won. That means that everyone that isn't using multiple accounts was at a disadvantage. Now, whether KE cares about that, or if George plans to do anything about the winner being a cheater, is entirely up to him. I just know that the APPEARANCE of impropriety is there. Perception becomes reality...

Please revisit your initial post George. I quote "A unique Free raffle/giveaway for members belonging to bladeforums only." Membership in BladeForums is only attained through paid Membership.
A registered member is for us a member, If we give something away we make the rules and if you don't like it to bad.

We need to stop doing free giveaways and stop making people happy. End of the story

Thank you all,
George

I think we should move on from this. Semantics is what it is:) Someone with a bladeforums username can reasonably be thought of as a member by Knives Emporium. What we should focus on is the fact that the winner used multiple accounts and therefore won. That means that everyone that isn't using multiple accounts was at a disadvantage. Now, whether KE cares about that, or if George plans to do anything about the winner being a cheater, is entirely up to him. I just know that the APPEARANCE of impropriety is there. Perception becomes reality...

I don't know how we got side tracked into this semantics argument

This giveaway was advertised to people on Facebook. People who do not even know BFC exists.

No longer semantics now though. George is specifically acknowledging that he understands membership at BF "Members from bladeforums only, read my opening post and ask all the other goldmembers and others that have won before from CA and other states." Semantics is no longer an excuse after that post.

+1:thumbup:

What we should focus on is the fact that the winner used multiple accounts and therefore won. That means that everyone that isn't using multiple accounts was at a disadvantage.

Glad someone said it. Seemed like people were running around in circles.
"knifemachine, ragazzoxp- duplicate accounts for I have this itch......- All Banned. "
Potentially they had at least 3x the chance of everyone else, though I didn't go through the entire post to see if they entered with the 3 known accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back