NEW - Free Raffle/Giveaway - Hinderer XM-24 - Winner will be announced on our site

Status
Not open for further replies.
A registered member is for us a member, If we give something away we make the rules and if you don't like it to bad.

We need to stop doing free giveaways and stop making people happy. End of the story

Thank you all,
George

Well you did say BF Members, not your own interpretation of such. Please again see your initial post for clarification.

I don't know how we got side tracked into this semantics argument

This giveaway was advertised to people on Facebook. People who do not even know BFC exists.

Actually, As I see it the winner was a duplicate account of someone who was (is?) a platinum member so whether or not this was posted on Facebook doesn't really matter.

Then explain this
1zeypth.png

We should definitely have this explained as well since there were not separate sign up pages.

What ?? You mean the email I got telling me I was a winner was spam?

It figures, just another email harvester .. Anyone figure out how to delete the account you were required to fill out yet?

How about this? There's no way to close your 'account' with them that I can find. And you can't even erase the field and then update, it'll retain your information.

Even if NE is completely legit, I'd like the ability to close my account.

-sh00ter

A registered member is for us a member, If we give something away we make the rules and if you don't like it to bad.

We need to stop doing free giveaways and stop making people happy. End of the story

Thank you all,
George

No one cares about if you do giveaways or not.

I don't speak for everyone but at least for me it comes down to the fact that this "exclusive BFC giveaway" could be a deciding factor on where people buy their knives. People who are unaware of what is going on here may think to them selves "I was gonna buy from _____.com but seeing as KE did that awesome giveaway I'll buy from them!"

That is what I am upset about. You are reaping the benefits of something you didn't truly do. It was not an exclusive giveaway it was open to EVERYONE (ie random people on facebook)

And why are the winners seemingly locals? Do you know these people?

Actually, As I see it the winner was a duplicate account of someone who was (is?) a platinum member so whether or not this was posted on Facebook doesn't really matter.

Sigh... again it is not about who won the knife. There are effects from this giveaway that benefit KE on false pretenses

And why are the winners seemingly locals? Do you know these people?

That could be convenient in more ways than one... ;)

In the end it was a lot of free advertising using Blade Forums.......

No one cares about if you do giveaways or not.

I don't speak for everyone but at least for me it comes down to the fact that this "exclusive BFC giveaway" could be a deciding factor on where people buy their knives. People who are unaware of what is going on here may think to them selves "I was gonna buy from _____.com but seeing as KE did that awesome giveaway I'll buy from them!"

That is what I am upset about. You are reaping the benefits of something you didn't truly do. It was not an exclusive giveaway it was open to EVERYONE (ie random people on facebook)
kniferbro,

When you register on our site and fill-out your bladeforums forum name you are in the draw, is this so hard to understand. Tixx says you should not be in it, not a paying member.

If I would post a list from the people that signed-up on our site multiple times and spent time to delete, you have no idea let me tell yall

Good luck
Georgr

kniferbro,

When you register on our site and fill-out your bladeforums forum name you are in the draw, is this so hard to understand. Tixx says you should not be in it, not a paying member.

If I would post a list from the people that signed-up on our site multiple times and spent time to delete, you have no idea let me tell yall

Good luck
Georgr

I think we are more saying that you have many questions yet to answer George. That is really what we are saying. So, how about addressing the plethora of them?

In light of the recent developments if KE really wants to do a giveaway there should be a new drawing.

That's taking into count if the giveaway was above board to begin with......

Maybe if that happens a member who has been around awhile and isn't within short driving distance from KE with more than 2 posts will win.......

That's in all fairness to all members here.

Something to that effect would go a long way to reinstating their reputation that is tainted now......

People on facebook don't have Bladeforums accounts....
If this was a Bladeforums only GA why would you advertise it...not on bladeforums?

Please explain this post, you have done nothing but run from it
1zeypth.png

Do a search they are here on the forum, the winners are from all over and most have posted a review.

George

Stephen Slampa and this new person are both local and within driving distance. Again, do you know either of them?

I think we are more saying that you have many questions yet to answer George. That is really what we are saying. So, how about addressing the plethora of them?
Tixx,

I don't need to account for anything, look at our record and the reviews from winners of the past here on this forum, besides other places.

George

Tixx,

I don't need to account for anything, look at our record and the reviews from winners of the past here on this forum, besides other places.

George

Just because you gave away a couple ~$200 knives doesn't make you infallible in the case of a ~$1000 knife.

Tixx,

George

With basically the whole thing in question now you really do need to account for it here.....

That is if you really care about saving your reputation...... That is going down the drain fast.......

With basically the whole thing in question now you really do need to account for it here.....

That is if you really care about saving your reputation...... That is going down the drain fast.......
Ankerson, with what we have done for the community my reputation is in very good shape, I don’t need to bash people to get attention.

I wish you best.
George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back