New from Wilson Combat -ELMAX RRX folders!

WilsonCombatRep

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Whats-New/products/249/

WTK-RRX-SC-001.jpg

WTK-RRX-SB-001.jpg

RRX Tactical Folding Knife-ELMAX Steel

The RRX (Rapid Response XL) is the final rendition of our classic tactical folder, the Rapid Response. We have enlarged The RRX to work better as an everyday, tactical folder, with upgraded construction and have selected the unparalleled performance of ELMAX steel for the blade.

The RRX is American made in small batches to our rigorous specifications, hand fitted, sharpened and tuned to be an easy opener in all tactical conditions.

The unique trigger flipper is quick into action while the rugged Titanium framelock will provide near fixed-blade like strength. A recessed 3D machined handle inlay and ergonomic frame design provides a sure grip in all tactical conditions.

Practical features of the RRX include a deep pocket carry clip, ambidextrous thumb studs, lanyard hole and blade and handle jimping all add up to a hard use but easy to carry everyday folder that is worthy of the Wilson Combat name and a fine edged companion to our custom firearms.

The 3.62” inch long blade is an ideally shaped tactical drop point of ELMAX, a Swedish powdered metal “super steel” that is acknowledged as one of the best knife materials on the market today.

A High carbon, high chromium stainless, powder metal, vacuum melted ELMAX has unmatched wear properties with the rust resistance of stainless steel. There is simply no better choice for a hard use folding knife.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Steel

ELMAX Powdered metal Stainless Steel
Hardness RC 59/60
Blade Length 3.5"
Blade Thickness .137"
Handle Material Titanium
Handle Length 4.5"
Overall Length 8"
Weight 4.8 oz.
Inlay Cocobolo/G-10
Finish Stonewash Polish

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Rapid-Response-XL-ELMAX-Stonewash-Cocobolo-Inlay/productinfo/WTK-RRX-SC/

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Whats-New/products/249/

WTK-RRX-SC-001.jpg

WTK-RRX-SB-001.jpg

RRX Tactical Folding Knife-ELMAX Steel

The RRX (Rapid Response XL) is the final rendition of our classic tactical folder, the Rapid Response. We have enlarged The RRX to work better as an everyday, tactical folder, with upgraded construction and have selected the unparalleled performance of ELMAX steel for the blade.

The RRX is American made in small batches to our rigorous specifications, hand fitted, sharpened and tuned to be an easy opener in all tactical conditions.

The unique trigger flipper is quick into action while the rugged Titanium framelock will provide near fixed-blade like strength. A recessed 3D machined handle inlay and ergonomic frame design provides a sure grip in all tactical conditions.

Practical features of the RRX include a deep pocket carry clip, ambidextrous thumb studs, lanyard hole and blade and handle jimping all add up to a hard use but easy to carry everyday folder that is worthy of the Wilson Combat name and a fine edged companion to our custom firearms.

The 3.62” inch long blade is an ideally shaped tactical drop point of ELMAX, a Swedish powdered metal “super steel” that is acknowledged as one of the best knife materials on the market today.

A High carbon, high chromium stainless, powder metal, vacuum melted ELMAX has unmatched wear properties with the rust resistance of stainless steel. There is simply no better choice for a hard use folding knife.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Steel

ELMAX Powdered metal Stainless Steel
Hardness RC 59/60
Blade Length 3.5"
Blade Thickness .137"
Handle Material Titanium
Handle Length 4.5"
Overall Length 8"
Weight 4.8 oz.
Inlay Cocobolo/G-10
Finish Stonewash Polish

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Rapid-Response-XL-ELMAX-Stonewash-Cocobolo-Inlay/productinfo/WTK-RRX-SC/

Who makes it for Wilson Combat?
Website says blade length of 3.5" but post above says 3.62"?!
Are these the only two versions coming out? I thought may be a CF inlay?
Is the flipper action smooth and snappy?

The ones that Fox sells have some sort of PVD process coating.

Looks like the blade length is indeed 3.6" and not 3.5"!

Plus three more designed by Wilson Combat with smaller 3.3" blades that are not flippers:

http://www.fkmdknives.com/n/en/product/417/extreme_elite.html
http://www.fkmdknives.com/n/en/product/418/extreme_elite.htm
http://www.fkmdknives.com/n/en/product/419/extreme_elite.html

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but it reminds me of the HTM knives.

Could be because the original one was a Darrel Ralph collaboration and design (trigger maze).

I think these look really nice. I really like the inlays and and overall shape of the knife. I've read from others that they wished the original was a little bit bigger, so I think this will make many people happy.

Does Fox havea factory here because they are advertised as USA made.

FOX KNIVES USA is in Puyallup, WA

We are a brand new knife company dedicated fo designing, manufacturing and distributing high quaity cutlery.

We use only the highest grade stainless steels, G-1O, FRN, and other high quality component materials. Fox Cutlery in Maniago, Italy was founded in 1977 by Oreste Frati and has always been known as a manufacturer of quality cutlery products for civilian, military, law enforcement, rescue, and other special forces.

We have now teamed up with them fo create Fox Knives here in America as a new company!

The Fox made Wilson knives have expanded quite a bit on the Wilson Combat folders page. These include the announcements in post #1 and variations of them in Gunmetal DLC plus the smaller less expensive offerings that are not flippers while still with Elmax blades.

Got my eye on the Extreme Lite Carry (ELC) with stonewashed Elmax and Genuine Cocobolo Hardwood Starburst handle.

WTK-ELC-COCO-002.jpg

WTK-ELC-COCO-001.jpg

Now that looks really sharp!

Too bad it doesn't have the flipper tab opener.

At least it has tip-up though.

The RRX doesn't do anything for me but after all the praise the first Fox Gunhammer/Wilson ELC's seem to have gained I'm temped to try the ELMAX version in either black or camo G10. Be interesting to see how the quality is, $145 direct from Wilson seems like a really low price for Elmax with a high build quality.

The RRX doesn't do anything for me but after all the praise the first Fox Gunhammer/Wilson ELC's seem to have gained I'm temped to try the ELMAX version in either black or camo G10. Be interesting to see how the quality is, $145 direct from Wilson seems like a really low price for Elmax with a high build quality.

I think you're talking about the nice small Extreme Lite Carry (ELC): Starburst Pattern, Multi Cam or Black G10 with a 3.5" or 3.34" Elmax blade. Wilson says 3.5" blade but Fox lists it as 3.34". I'll know soon. I have a Multi Cam G10 incoming but may not be around to receive it before Christmas.

WTK-ELC-MCG10-001.jpg

WTK-ELC-BG10-001.jpg

Last edited:
I have a black handle version coming, no idea when. It could be semantics, one might be measuring total blade exposed from the handle -vs- sharpened edge.

I have a black handle version coming, no idea when. It could be semantics, one might be measuring total blade exposed from the handle -vs- sharpened edge.

With the holidays who knows when packages will show up. I know for Wilson Combat in Arkansas to California via UPS takes a long time.

It could be, as you said, the difference between blade length and cutting edge. The standard practice for blade length measurement that most go by is the one by the American Knife and Tool Institute:

Where a statute, regulation or ordinance refers to knife blade length, the measurement shall be the straight line extending from the tip of the blade to the forward-most aspect of the hilt or handle.

Back