New here, New to Knives, New to Engraving. Here is a 110 I finished this week.

very nice work on all of them. welcome to the forums.

since i didn't see anyone answer yet.....its the size of the pics is why they wont load. cant be over 1mb. most pics on newer phones have to be cropped or compressed...if using a phone.

question...you're doing one of kind work as in not repeating? or are ya gonna repeat patterns? nothing wrong with either way just curious. thank you Ma'am.
Design is certainly time consuming. I take smoke prints, copy them and draw on paper, then scan the drawings and refine them into vectors using Illustrator. Once the illustrations are finished, I can print them and transfer them as many times as I please.

Wow Sarah ! that is stunningly beautiful engraving on that 110 there The dino scull absolutely crushes it ! Nice touch! I’m sure you will have plenty of interest from the forumites here. That being your second knife engraving I think you have it well in hand. Oh, and welcome to the forum !

I know I made it super tiny and hard to see in my signature, but I've got a couple places my portfolio exists. www.sarah-ladd.com or you can find me on the 'gram @sarah.ladd.goldsmith

I'm really new to this. Did I mention this is my second knife? I'm currently just playing around and having a good time. This particular knife is available. Its sale would fund classes so I can learn things like bulino, inlay, and fund more tools and materials. I have not thought about accepting requests yet. I'm not sure that I have the confidence.
My dear your work speaks for itself, the confidence is there,don’t sell your self short. I believe you have a future at this, Troy.

Any relation to Cheryl?
Nope. I get asked that question with relative frequency. Ladd as a last name is particularly uncommon, I did some research on its history and use. In fact, my father in law and his brother decided after immigrating to the United States that their given last names were too challenging for Americans, and they both agreed to legally rename to Ladd. In their minds they thought it sounded plain, simple, impossible to misspell (they were wrong), and very American. As a result, his son who I married gave me this name. At the time of our wedding, I joked that I should take his historically correct last given name and hyphenate it with my own maiden name, just to be absurd (my own maiden name is a long German one), to which I was told his great grandfather would be so pleased and cease rolling in his grave. Unfortunately for great grampa, I took the 4 letter last name with pleasure. Now when I get asked for my last name over the phone, I get to say lima alpha delta delta. Nobody can bungle that!

Last edited:
Nope. I get asked that question with relative frequency. Ladd as a last name is particularly uncommon, I did some research on its history and use. In fact, my father in law and his brother decided after immigrating to the United States that their given last names were too challenging for Americans, and they both agreed to legally rename to Ladd. In their minds they thought it sounded plain, simple, impossible to misspell (they were wrong), and very American. As a result, his son who I married gave me this name. At the time of our wedding, I joked that I should take his historically correct last given name and hyphenate it with my own maiden name, just to be absurd (my own maiden name is a long German one), to which I was told his great grandfather would be so pleased and cease rolling in his grave. Unfortunately for great grampa, I took the 4 letter last name with pleasure. Now when I get asked for my last name over the phone, I get to say lima alpha delta delta. Nobody can bungle that!
My last name is Rudolph. I tell people "Like the reindeer." It causes me to lose faith in humanity at the high percentage of people who still try to do "Rudolf". Especially around Christmas because I mean, really.

My last name is Rudolph. I tell people "Like the reindeer." It causes me to lose faith in humanity at the high percentage of people who still try to do "Rudolf". Especially around Christmas because I mean, really.
My maiden name was Wiedemann. There's so many unique and creative ways to mess that up.

You'd be surprised. I work with some that do...

My last name is Meier.. Dad's family came from Swiss German area. Exactly twice in 67 years has it been spelled correctly shocking me both times lol! The vast majority of times a Y was used instead of a i a few times I've heard 'are you sure?'...

Excellent job, you will definitely have a queue for projects. I love the skull touch! Brilliant

Back