New Knife Day and I had no idea

SVTFreak

Gold Member
Everyone knows I do cars and have a replica cobra. Well, my (best) wife (ever) and Andy Fanin conspired on me! This was the result. My birthday present. It’s perfect. For those of you not familiar with Andy’s work, you should be. His fit and finish is spot on.
F12B82A5-2E54-4F98-823D-67BA1F01396B.jpeg BF58B4CE-0FA1-4844-A22C-207EF4C71ED0.jpeg 23AD9730-DA78-4EBD-B0AB-46644EF62BE0.jpeg 3A1B8CA4-30E3-4269-B09B-6FBA370490D9.jpeg

3a1b8ca4-30e3-4269-b09b-6fba370490d9-jpeg.1513693
Both of those are so very cool and unique. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A Cobra has been my dream car since the first time I saw one. Had a 65 fastback back in high school until it was totaled by a lady trying to pay her water bill before the office closed. I have a 66 coupe that I bought for my father and I were going to make a project but he died before we could even get started.

Anyway those are awesome knives congratulations, love em both. Who did the one with the mustang shield?

A Cobra has been my dream car since the first time I saw one. Had a 65 fastback back in high school until it was totaled by a lady trying to pay her water bill before the office closed. I have a 66 coupe that I bought for my father and I were going to make a project but he died before we could even get started.

Anyway those are awesome knives congratulations, love em both. Who did the one with the mustang shield?

I’m sorry for the loss of your father. You should still do it in his memory.

They are both from Andy Fanin. Both are outstanding knives.

Thanks everyone!

Here are the cars they represent. The pony is a tribute to 50th anniversary mustangs. I have owned two of the 1964 made, long story there. #’s 275 and now 1596. Very special cars. I like the gt350, 500 and the new Mach 1 but get anxiety thinking about getting rid of the 50th.
8F14C80C-5245-4A00-870C-E3DA92B6E48B.jpeg

Here is my little Shelby replica. 302, 310 whp. It’s not perfect but I did everything except spray the color and the clear. It was fun to build and more fun to drive.
533E3D3F-EF66-4385-AE30-40D6CD749FB4.jpeg

And me and my beautiful wife the day we got married. We drove home in the cobra. It broke on my road and we coasted in (ecu piggy back I use for tuning fried). I could only imagine us broke down on side the road in a tux and wedding dress lol! I married WAY outta my league.
3446EA59-2B9C-41D8-9402-F59F411634D5.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m sorry for the loss of your father. You should still do it in his memory.

They are both from Andy Fanin. Both are outstanding knives.

Thanks everyone!

Here are the cars they represent. The pony is a tribute to 50th anniversary mustangs. I have owned two of the 1964 made, long story there. #’s 275 and now 1596. Very special cars. I like the gt350, 500 and the new Mach 1 but get anxiety thinking about getting rid of the 50th.
View attachment 1513787

Here is my little Shelby replica. 302, 310 whp. It’s not perfect but I did everything except spray the color and the clear. It was fun to build and more fun to drive.
View attachment 1513788

And me and my beautiful wife the day we got married. We drove home in the cobra. It broke on my road and we coasted in (ecu piggy back I use for tuning fried). I could only imagine us broke down on side the road in a tux and wedding dress lol! I married WAY outta my league.
View attachment 1513789

Good story to remember and relate about your wedding day.

Great gift and very thoughtful wife. I saw Andy post that on Instagram yesterday. It’s cool to see it come to someone on the porch.

Joey, that is an absolutely great looking knife and a very cool way to merge a couple of hobbies. I just want to know how you’re going to top that on her birthday? It’d better not be any post-it-note IOU’so_Oo_O

Everyone knows I do cars and have a replica cobra. Well, my (best) wife (ever) and Andy Fanin conspired on me! This was the result. My birthday present. It’s perfect. For those of you not familiar with Andy’s work, you should be. His fit and finish is spot on.
View attachment 1513688 View attachment 1513690 View attachment 1513692 View attachment 1513693
One things for sure those beautiful knives are more rare than the cars they represent. It's going to be tough to top that for her birthday so you better start thinking now.

Joey, that is an absolutely great looking knife and a very cool way to merge a couple of hobbies. I just want to know how you’re going to top that on her birthday? It’d better not be any post-it-note IOU’so_Oo_O

bruh. Yeah, I’m not sure what I’m gonna do....

One things for sure those beautiful knives are more rare than the cars they represent. It's going to be tough to top that for her birthday so you better start thinking now.

I’m trying. I have till late may. But I really have no idea how I’m gonna even come close.

thanks again everyone!

That’s a great gift man, really nice knives! What’s the steel he used?

Back