New knife from Queen?

FLymon

Gold Member
I just got an email from a giant knife retailer in Tennessee about a new knife from Queen.
Looks to be a USA made 3.5" Trapper with black composite handles called the "QN1".
Anyone know who makes these? Or if Queen is back?

I would link some pics, but they are watermarked and I don't know if the vendor supports the forum. Shouldn't be hard to find if you look for it.

I just received the same email. The details page on the knife says it’s made in the USA.

I assume it is the pilot test run item I see on a website of a vendor matching the description above. It is interesting though I am curious what steel it is as 440 could be 440A or 440C. I hope for the best and look forward to some patterns I can get behind.

funny.... I just ordered one. Got the email, and for the money, thought "what the heck"... Pics of it looked nice, but I'm being cautiously optimistic..

Yes the price is tempting. Hope it's really a USA product and of decent quality.

Was the Queen name sold?
The pictures don't show any country of origin stamp, but they may just be CG mock-ups. If they're really being made in the USA, I'm going to guess contracted out to Bear and Son. That's just a guess, of course.

this is a cut and paste from the description in the email... the website also said Made in USA.
They took my money and sent an "order received" email to me, so maybe I bought the last one? Or the only one? Maybe it was a pilot run of "1"...:D If that's the case, I'll have a true collector knife ! :cool: I was hoping it would be slightly longer than the Case mini-trapper, but they show to be the same closed length.

"Features: 440 Stainless Steel Clip Point and Spey Blades. Satin Finish. Black Composite Handles. Nickel Silver Bolsters and Pins. Stainless Steel Liners. Slip Joint. Nail Nick Opener. It comes with a Zipper Pouch. Made in the USA. Measures: 2.75 " Clip Point and Spey Blades. 0.08" Blade Thicknesses. 3.5 " closed. 6.25" Overall. 2.2oz."

Most of the Queen equipment at the bankruptcy auction was bought by a man from Bluegrass Cutlery in southern Ohio. He also ended up acquiring the Schatt & Morgan and the Queen Cutlery trademarks and name. I know his goal was to set up and start making knives to be released some time in 2020, but I had heard his first release was supposed to be a Schatt & Morgan knife.

Perhaps his plans changed, and this "Pilot Test Run" is accurately named and is his first release from his new factory using the original Queen machinery.

I got the same email and looked at the same website. I sent an email to the vendor asking questions. If I get a response I'll let y'all know. It was still on the website as of a couple of minutes ago.

Most of the Queen equipment at the bankruptcy auction was bought by a man from Bluegrass Cutlery in southern Ohio. He also ended up acquiring the Schatt & Morgan and the Queen Cutlery trademarks and name. I know his goal was to set up and start making knives to be released some time in 2020, but I had heard his first release was supposed to be a Schatt & Morgan knife.

Perhaps his plans changed, and this "Pilot Test Run" is accurately named and is his first release from his new factory using the original Queen machinery.
That's exactly what I was thinking when I bought the knife.
Either way, I had to get the first release from the re-birth of Queen.
It may be great, it may be a dud, I will let you all know if and when it gets here.

I wish they said how many were made. Just curious, but it would be nice if it was a limited small run of only 600 or so.

Was the Queen name sold?
The pictures don't show any country of origin stamp, but they may just be CG mock-ups. If they're really being made in the USA, I'm going to guess contracted out to Bear and Son. That's just a guess, of course.

That was my initial thought as well, but figured these were just a couple years old or something.

Last edited:

I recall seeing a new S&M knife somewhere recently, although I don't recall where at the moment.

Well, we should know in a few days.
Maybe.... if Bluegrass Cutlery made the knife, it may not show their name. They apparently own the trademark. Yes, to the trademark ownership in general by the retailer in TN.... they buy them as does Frost.

I saw the email and came here thinking there may be a thread started. I was right.

Back