New knife law in Germany

:grumpy:Going there this summer.....not going to be able to bring any 'cool' knives

15 yearolds can drink non-distilled beverages with a parent or gaurdian!!:D

Our rites are slowly being regulated and are going away as well. Some countries signed their rights away to own firearms and see what happens. These governments, including ours in the U.S., don't work for the people. Its all in the best interest of the power and security of the governments themselves. Starts out with a knife and a gun. Then eventually we all live under curfue.

Come to Idaho...the only knife law is do not hurt someone with a knife (unless you can prove it was self defense)

I heard about this earlier in 2008 on another forum where the comment came from a knife dealer in Germany. It is very sad news for folder lovers but a huge opportunity for fixed blades less than 5" in length.

I agree with you, I also would have to dispose of over 90% of my collection to comply if Canada adopted the same type of laws.

:grumpy:

I own 3 slippies, the rest are all locking. That is a shame that that happened.

*sigh*

I guess I'll still be able to carry my Mule team knife if I ever visit.

I never understood the ban on Bali's. It's not like you can open them any faster then say, an ASAP equipped Buck or a flipper knife (Carson, Kershaw, etc).

I live in Michigan, and it's currently illegal to carry a knife of any fixed sort unless your hunting, and can prove that you are, or any folding knife above 3". So I got a Para. :)

Didn't Spyderco make a run of UKPK's with the hole's filled in slightly so you couldn't open them one handed?

It certainly would be a VERY sad day in the US if this kind of ban happens. Just in case, maybe it's time to start buying what is truly on your wish list.

*sigh*

I guess I'll still be able to carry my Mule team knife if I ever visit.

I never understood the ban on Bali's. It's not like you can open them any faster then say, an ASAP equipped Buck or a flipper knife (Carson, Kershaw, etc).

I live in Michigan, and it's currently illegal to carry a knife of any fixed sort unless your hunting, and can prove that you are, or any folding knife above 3". So I got a Para. :)

Didn't Spyderco make a run of UKPK's with the hole's filled in slightly so you couldn't open them one handed?

My son has been stopped many times by the police for traffic violations and he always has a knife over 3" and was never hassled about it. If I remember correctly the law says over 3" with unlawful intent. He maybe has just been lucky.

My son has been stopped many times by the police for traffic violations and he always has a knife over 3" and was never hassled about it. If I remember correctly the law says over 3" with unlawful intent. He maybe has just been lucky.

Could be. I was pulled over for going quite fast in a slow speed zone. (80/40 if I remember right.) He let me off with a warning, but I was carrying my Chinook and CF Military at the time. I was praying he wouldn't make me get out of the car. :)

Knife laws are a little funny. Get a CCW and you can carry handguns concealed, but you can't carry a larger knife... I wonder which is more deadly. :grumpy:

Agreed, Josh. I can legally conceal a .500 Magnum, but God forbid that I should carry a 4" knife, because then I'd be breaking the law. This is what happens when you have people who don't know the first thing about guns, knives, or self-defense making the rules.

But as several others have pointed out, I have a funny feeling that, after a few years of Obama & Co., being in office, we'll all be looking back on these days with longing.

Agreed, Josh. I can legally conceal a .500 Magnum, but God forbid that I should carry a 4" knife, because then I'd be breaking the law. This is what happens when you have people who don't know the first thing about guns, knives, or self-defense making the rules.

But as several others have pointed out, I have a funny feeling that, after a few years of Obama & Co., being in office, we'll all be looking back on these days with longing.

Yeah. These will be the days. :rolleyes: The number one question I hate is "Why do you carry a knife?" It's also the most common excuse for restricting them.

Yeah, I get that a lot too. And when I carry a fixed blade knife - even though it's within the legal limits - I get told I can't come into stores, restaurants, etc., with the knife. Because it's like so much more deadly than the gun they don't see, you know. Argh!

You could file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I've been thinking of buying a handgun for the explicit purpose of carrying it non-concealed. I wonder what reaction I'd get? :)

That's specifically illegal here. (Yes, I know - another law that doesn't make sense.) But even if it's legal where you are, I kinda doubt that it would be very well-received.

Open handgun carry is specifically illegal? Oh, I have no doubt. I wouldn't actually do that, just pointing out that a lot of people are ingrained with a fear of guns and knives.

Back