New PM2

I’m having a hard time picking up my PM2s after getting the k390 Police 4 beginning of summer. I bought a 204p PM2 a month ago from a seller here and while it’s great I like the extra blade on the Police and no issues at all one handing it.

I’m feeling the same way with my Shaman it’s like a beefed up PM2 as far as the compression lock and blade thickness . But still thin behind the edge but a beefy tip and a outstanding slicer.I love my Para 2’s But I keep grabbing my Shaman most of the time. It didn’t stop me from having a Pm 2 blue g10 sw m390 in route though :)

I ended up going with the old school restock stone wash. Love it and has some smooth action , free dropping right out of box. First Spydie in a while I didn’t have to adjust the pivot out of the box. Blade is dead centered and what a beautiful Spyderco !
s6cy2Mv.jpg

IA08pyo.jpg

I just picked up the non dlc coated version about a month ago and 2 weeks later they drop this. Man, I dont need it but I sure as hell want it...

prExwL4.gif

Last edited:
You know, I feel like such an idiot right now. The super freek is M4.. o_O

I was still inspired by your new PM2 and wound up ordering the desert brown S35VN today

Ha! I just did the same thing. I got it Friday and it is perfect. Locks up tight and very smooth!

You know, I feel like such an idiot right now. The super freek is M4.. o_O

I was still inspired by your new PM2 and wound up ordering the desert brown S35VN today

That is the same PM2 I have. I think the blade geometry and S35VN are perfect together. Really sharp, fairly easy to touch up, stays sharp noticeably longer than most cheaper steels. I got the DLC PM2 and satin PM3. The DLC seemed to slick up on opening sooner than the satin. Both were perfectly assembled.

I have a BM Barrage in M390 and I think the blade grind is too thick for that steel. Just never can get it as sharp as some of my Spyderco or Kershaws in S30V or S35VN. Really hesitant to try M390 again. Maybe in a FFG it would be better.

My m390 pm2 is very, very sharp. I haven't used it enough yet to have to touch it up, but I'm sure it won't be a problem. It cuts so effortlessly... I think I'm going to go and admire it now... Lol

Back