New/Recent Hinderer Scores Thread...a place to share and comment.

Just got my first Hinderer today. I wasn't sure at first after never handling one, mine wasn't flipping very easily and blade centering was off. I bought it to use and was aware it had been carried before. But after tinkering a bit I finally nailed the set up and now I am thrilled. Opens like butter with a good solid lock up and blade is back to center. One of the heads on the scale screws is pretty stripped but I can still grab enough to loosen, but I've emailed Rob so hopefully he can help me out.

Anyway, here she is.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Bigconig that is sweet indeed! I LOVE THAT SCALE!!!!! It looks like it's very rounded. Is it flat on the surface or rounded a bit?

That LSCF scale is aftermarket/unofficial. To replace/swap scales the screws (including the pivot screw) must be removed. Because the XM is a hand-fitted knife, if one has little clue as to the assembly process it is easy to not get it just right. This can create off-center blade and cause "drag" on the action.

Bigconig that is sweet indeed! I LOVE THAT SCALE!!!!! It looks like it's very rounded. Is it flat on the surface or rounded a bit?

Thanks Maprik, the whole thing does have some curve to it although it is only slight towards the middle of the scale. This shot shows it a bit better. It is a very comfortable grip.

original.jpg

That LSCF scale is aftermarket/unofficial. To replace/swap scales the screws (including the pivot screw) must be removed. Because the XM is a hand-fitted knife, if one has little clue as to the assembly process it is easy to not get it just right. This can create off-center blade and cause "drag" on the action.

Thanks N2K, I was wondering if the scale was third party- I also have the original, but I'm liking this one for now. I had a feeling that it wasn't reassembled quite right because once I got it "in" it really felt like a million bucks.

The XM is a hand-fitted work of functional art. So many just do not "get it" and assume "production" to mean its like other more common knives....it is not.

Congrats on your XM.

Thanks Maprik, the whole thing does have some curve to it although it is only slight towards the middle of the scale. This shot shows it a bit better. It is a very comfortable grip.

original.jpg

That scale is hideous, you must sell it to me now!

After admiring all the new Hinderer pictures and the beautiful adornments reaffirms my transition from other brands to the Hinderer XM. On another thread an OP asked a question "Is the hype worth it?" Many responders went into their usual pricing discrepancies and the usual "it is just a Production knife" rational. Obviously they don't get it and never will, pricing is what it is, no production knife I know of gives you the superior quality from a knifemaker who leads the industry with his innovations and gives the end user the array of options to personalize your knife and make it one of a kind. There is a saying amount Harley owners that "if I have to explain it to you, you would not understand" Great pictures everyone!

I put this all together the past couple days:
All new to me, 3" w/new frag scale, bronze standoffs & flamed ti bead :D

_MG_2784.jpg

Franzdom your knife is like a chameleon! That is a COMPLETE transformation!!!!! Just shows how 1 XM can be many different knives with all the great accessories.... Awesome man!

Picked up a blue scale for my XM this week. Love all the changes you can make to these already great knives.

2C54A435-A2DF-4279-9ACA-1997FEF0CA8F-6063-000002ABB9C1E5E7_zps0d35314b.jpg

Looks great DW!

Maprik, it's not a total transformation, I still have the other 3" :eek:

_MG_2785.jpg

I also just got the crosses from Hinderer, put these on just now!

_MG_2789.jpg

_MG_2793.jpg

Here is my latest: not sure If I'm going to keep, as it feels a little large. Having trouble making up my mind.

IMG_0059_zps0ff6d769.jpg

IMG_0060_zps6c55457c.jpg

IMG_0061_zpsc2063413.jpg

IMG_0062_zps86f2d8da.jpg

IMG_0063_zpsd6785532.jpg

IMG_0064_zpsa75e3907.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds Odd But, When I first got my XM that felt "Large", over time it began to feel just right.

Then I got my first 3" XM and it felt a bit too small BUT, over time It began to feel "just right" as well.

So, I suggest.... not being too hasty based on size and feeling. No rush :)

That is really good advice, RubinconSS, really good. Like I was telling Lone_Wolfe, I'm not feeling too well right now and definitely don't want to make a hasty decision.

I don't need the money, so I'll take my time and carry it a while and see. I love my 3" so much, I guess I just compare it to that one. But the 3.5" CF scale is just mesmerizing, and I really luck out in getting that. I guess I could have worse decisions to make.

Sounds Odd But, When I first got my XM that felt "Large", over time it began to feel just right.

Then I got my first 3" XM and it felt a bit too small BUT, over time It began to feel "just right" as well.

So, I suggest.... not being too hasty based on size and feeling. No rush :)

Back