New/Recent Hinderer Scores Thread...a place to share and comment.

I think it's really nice, but I am still carrying my 3" more. If you think it's big, the XM-24 is like twice as big. Thicker, taller, massive. The 3.5" feels a lot more stout to me than the 3 though, with more solid and consistent lockup. If I am going to carry something for defense it is definitely the 3.5 over the 3.

LOL; both of my 3 and 3.5 inchers are off center from prying boxes and crates open...i never really think about bringing them back to center; what's the point...

LOL; both of my 3 and 3.5 inchers are off center from prying boxes and crates open...i never really think about bringing them back to center; what's the point...

Because some will use any little thing they can think up as a "negative" to somehow justify an item is not for them. For the XMs, many forget they are designed for active duty first responder types, not everyone.
My best example outside of the knife world is when looking at exotic cars. Some might say the 458 Italia catches on fire, so they'd never buy one. In reality many couldn't buy one or afford to own one anyway. Me among them.

What's the point to centering the blade? To me it means not having the blade rub against the liner and a sign that the pivot is adjusted properly. It takes a couple of seconds to keep the tool functioning as intended. I don't obsess over it, but I do try to maintain my tools.

What I never understood is the obsession over early lockup. If it is 15 or 30 or 50%, does it really matter? Just don't get why it is so important.

What's the point to centering the blade? To me it means not having the blade rub against the liner and a sign that the pivot is adjusted properly. It takes a couple of seconds to keep the tool functioning as intended. I don't obsess over it, but I do try to maintain my tools.

What I never understood is the obsession over early lockup. If it is 15 or 30 or 50%, does it really matter? Just don't get why it is so important.

It is important to those that want a knife that will "last forever" as it allows for more wear on the tang/lock. Also, early lock-up allows those knives where the lock gives a little (i.e., increases lock-up) more room to move when you grip them tight without it going to the full 100% position or beyond.

I said that after some participation I'd share the flip side of my recent XMs...true to my word here's a crappy image...I tried to show actual colors, but it's near impossible.

photo_zps8c92813c.jpg

The newest 3.5 is one of the smoothest flippers I own... Butter!!! On par with the hefty 24!

I said that after some participation I'd share the flip side of my recent XMs...true to my word here's a crappy image...I tried to show actual colors, but it's near impossible.

photo_zps8c92813c.jpg

The newest 3.5 is one of the smoothest flippers I own... Butter!!! On par with the hefty 24!

WOW, where? how? who?

Not one but two and matching green Hinderer beads? I had a dream like this!

Is it as discrete as it looks when in pocket? That's my only pull from my xm18, the clip( which I love ) does stand out against dark BDU's....

Is it as discrete as it looks when in pocket? That's my only pull from my xm18, the clip( which I love ) does stand out against dark BDU's....

Any clip can be noticed on a solid color fabric. The bronze clip can blend in much better with some camo-patterns.

The bronze clip also blends in quite well with denim, more discrete than the un-anodised clip.

B.t.w. I've scored more smooth carbon fiber, not just any old smooth carbon fibre scale but the elusive 3" scale - in transit.

Cool I'll be looking for a bronze clip then... I wear dark blue BDU'S on shift, and its better if a knife doesn't draw attention...

Cool I'll be looking for a bronze clip then... I wear dark blue BDU'S on shift, and its better if a knife doesn't draw attention...

There's always the option of clipping it at about 4 o'clock inside the pant either onto or under the belt (on waist of trousers) or using some sort of sheath.

The three threes

_MG_2824.jpg

_MG_2825.jpg

Fillers on the way from Rob & a new 3 custom also on the way with blue SW frag ti :D

Franz...don't like clips on your 3's? What standoffs are they sporting? Love the trio!!

There's always the option of clipping it at about 4 o'clock inside the pant either onto or under the belt (on waist of trousers) or using some sort of sheath.

Good suggestions... I've always been a pocket clip kind of guy, plus if I missed the waist of the trousers it would slip out may pant leg and I'd probably never even know, when I'm using a knife for something on call it's usually an amped up adrenaline kind of moment....the only problem with a sheath is that it's kind of easier for someone to grab onto rather than a pocket...... People can get a little wacky when they've been in a traumatic situation, so I've always got to be careful not to give them an opportunity to do something stupid.

Back