New shop!

Discussion in 'Shannon Steel Labs' started by ShannonSteelLabs, Sep 28, 2020.

1. ShannonSteelLabs

ShannonSteelLabs KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 9, 2015
    Slower progress than anticipated.
    But both doors are now fully functional. One of which i built from scratch.
    All pest control measures are complete.

Wiring is next up. FINALLY.
    And I can get some lighting in there. Then its back to making expensive dust!!!

First things will be
    8670 machetes or medium choppers.
    Z-wear EDC stuff or camp stuff.
    K110 (D2) camp or EDC knives.

Hopefully I make some decent knives! Been a bit since I was in my element.

2. James Healy

James Healy

Feb 6, 2000
    Hey mate, just spotted your knives in an old Cedric & Ada vid, had a poke around here, will definitely be looking to order one when you're up and running again! Amazing work my friend. I know this isn't exactly the appropriate place but I had to say it, don't worry about being a bit rusty, just start out with some 14C28N. ;)

*ETA: Please ignore the signature, I haven't been around for 20 years and apparently that's even longer than I'd realised. :eek:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    ShannonSteelLabs likes this.
  3. ShannonSteelLabs

ShannonSteelLabs KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 9, 2015
    Thanks for popping in! Thanks I can definitely get you on the books once things open up.
    No worries on the signature.

I've actually got some easy steels to work with ready to go. May order some more Nitro-V and get a few small easy knives cranked out.

Should be wiring tomorrow.
    Today is a Scorcher. Southern cali has had another heatwave this week, yesterday and today are the hottest days of the week.

James Healy likes this.
  4. Currawong

Currawong Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 19, 2012
    Be careful. I saw one of Colin's knives on a Cedric and Ada vid once. And then I bought it. Then I bought some more. It's a slippery slope. ;):D

[​IMG]

5. James Healy

James Healy

Feb 6, 2000
    I was actually referring to the corrosion resistance specifically, you know, because you might be rusty? I'll see myself out.

6. ShannonSteelLabs

Sep 9, 2015
    Hahhaha ohh man that was good.
    Lmfao.

7. ShannonSteelLabs

Sep 9, 2015
    As of yesterday.
    GRINDER IS OPERATIONAL AND WIRED!

8. ShannonSteelLabs

Sep 9, 2015
    2 wharncliffes ground out today.
    One in Bohler K110(D2) hollow ground
    One in 0.98 Zwear. FFG

Can't wait to get these to HT.

duramax and Byron Bowling like this.