New SOG’s

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I've added to my SOG XR collection! I've gotten a Kiku XR and a Kiku XR LTE. Between these Kiku XR's and the Seal XR and Pentagon XR, the Kiku's are my favorite! Here are some pictures.
51725436466_b44158d373_b.jpg

51725683693_0569e33fb0_b.jpg

51440936216_781729d29a_b.jpg

51441899265_f432db79b5_b.jpg

51441681324_c29bc677a7_b.jpg

Awesome! I like em all. Rugged looking blade styles and appears they could handle rugged use. Plan on sticking with Sog for my next purchase and ya gave me some new ideas. Sure are some good ones to choose from.

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I've added to my SOG XR collection! I've gotten a Kiku XR and a Kiku XR LTE. Between these Kiku XR's and the Seal XR and Pentagon XR, the Kiku's are my favorite! Here are some pictures.
51725436466_b44158d373_b.jpg

51725683693_0569e33fb0_b.jpg

51440936216_781729d29a_b.jpg

51441899265_f432db79b5_b.jpg

51441681324_c29bc677a7_b.jpg

I just got the same Kiku XR in satin, and I'm loving it! It had always been on my list, but I held off because I generally prefer knives with slightly longer blades, since they tend to have more comfortable handles for me. Turns out I had nothing to worry about with this knife! It's beefy in the right ways, and does not feel like a knife with a 3" blade.

How do you like the Kiku XR LTE vs the standard Kiku XR? Any differences in action with the CF liners? I would have bought the LTE if it weren't for the coated blade. I don't know why SOG seems so intent on putting a coating on the vast majority of their XR blades.

I just got the same Kiku XR in satin, and I'm loving it! It had always been on my list, but I held off because I generally prefer knives with slightly longer blades, since they tend to have more comfortable handles for me. Turns out I had nothing to worry about with this knife! It's beefy in the right ways, and does not feel like a knife with a 3" blade.

How do you like the Kiku XR LTE vs the standard Kiku XR? Any differences in action with the CF liners? I would have bought the LTE if it weren't for the coated blade. I don't know why SOG seems so intent on putting a coating on the vast majority of their XR blades.
I'm loving the Kiku XR LTE. It is noticeably lighter than the standard Kiku XR. The action is almost as smooth as the standard. The bearings are just as smooth and solid, I think the only difference in the action is due to the coating on the parts. The action is similar to my Pentagon XR, which has steel liners, but is coated. Despite the slight difference in action smoothness, I find myself grabbing the LTE to carry more than the standard Kiku XR. Both are fantastic knives, though!

Seal XR does look awesome. like the rugged build and steel. Starting a small collection and this one is on the top of the list along with that improved Trident.

I'm loving the Kiku XR LTE. It is noticeably lighter than the standard Kiku XR. The action is almost as smooth as the standard. The bearings are just as smooth and solid, I think the only difference in the action is due to the coating on the parts. The action is similar to my Pentagon XR, which has steel liners, but is coated. Despite the slight difference in action smoothness, I find myself grabbing the LTE to carry more than the standard Kiku XR. Both are fantastic knives, though!

Just one more reason I dislike coated blades. They only have a handful of uncoated blades in the XR lineup, and none of them are LTE blades, hopefully they change that soon.

I'm looking forward to the Pentagon XR LTE that's coming next year. I may pick one up even if the blade is coated.

It’s good to see some excitement for some SOG knives again! I’d love to see a new iteration of the Seal 2000, similar to the Pillar, but bigger!

Honestly, if you told me last year that the brand I'd be most excited about right now was SOG, I'd have laughed at you. I think they've gone a long way to turn their reputation around from big box junk knives to a solid mid-tier contender in the past few years.

Back