New to forum and CPK

Hello all,

This is my first post on bladeforums. I am not big on social media or online boards but I have frequently visited here to learn as much as I can. I am a veteran who is more familiar with firearms but recently caught the knife bug. After hours of pouring over every thread and knife maker I know beyond a doubt I want to own a CPK if I am lucky. It seems they only sell here which is why I made this account. Also it seems you have to be quick on the draw. Do I need to put some time in or is it really just first come first serve? I really hope I can own one sooner than later and join what seems to be an amazing group of knife enthusiasts. Sorry for the long post. Hopefully I can contribute to this forum one day as well, thanks.

Welcome Sir, & thank you for your service.
Friday' Sales have been happening @ 3 pm eastern,
& there has been lots of great sales by CPK lately. There is also a CPK "buy sell trade thread"
for guys selling or buying new and used CPK.there is also a "want to buy" thread if you know what you want sooner or later.
Good luck, & you made the right choice!

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. If your looking to purchase a CPK you’ve come to the right place. The CPK encyclopedia found in this subforum will keep you up to speed on the various models. Finding CPK early in the collecting game is admirable unto itself. I would add if serious about collecting here get the Gold Membership as it makes life easier on this forum and gives you more privaleges (like selling off other knives to fund your CPK addiction).

Welcome to the forums and the CPK subforum. As Mike said thank you for your service.

And yes the Friday sales are first come first serve for the amount of slots available for that sale.

There is a CPK buy sell and trade thread you can post in and you may find what you are looking for. Also as mentioned you can ask for a proxy for the Friday sales and someone that isn't trying to buy that week may try to proxy for you ... but read up on the proxy protocols as that should be used only when you can't participate.

Lots of good people here and some of the finest knives you'll find.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I know I am shooting for the stars for the start of my addiction, though I do own a few spartan blades and just bought my first custom. I have been spending a lot of time outdoors and want the quality and strength of a CPK. Will definitely look into upgrading to gold and involve myself more with the community.

Quick question, please just tell me if I need to post somewhere else. My recent custom was hand forged completely. Is it nitpicky to complain if the grinds of the swedge are uneven opposite of each other? The points on the sides of the swedge where it meets the grind line are offset as well. I was told hand forged wouldn’t be as exact. The bevel and edge is fine. Just curious and didn’t want to put this guy on blast.

Again excited to be more involved. Don’t know how it began but just got sucked in and now I am addicted. Will be in Big Bend next month and would love to put a CPK to work . Thanks again everyone.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I know I am shooting for the stars for the start of my addiction, though I do own a few spartan blades and just bought my first custom. I have been spending a lot of time outdoors and want the quality and strength of a CPK. Will definitely look into upgrading to gold and involve myself more with the community.

Quick question, please just tell me if I need to post somewhere else. My recent custom was hand forged completely. Is it nitpicky to complain if the grinds of the swedge are uneven opposite of each other? The points on the sides of the swedge where it meets the grind line are offset as well. I was told hand forged wouldn’t be as exact. The bevel and edge is fine. Just curious and didn’t want to put this guy on blast.

Again excited to be more involved. Don’t know how it began but just got sucked in and now I am addicted. Will be in Big Bend next month and would love to put a CPK to work . Thanks again everyone.

Welcome!
If you’re already checking grinds, bevels, and swedge’s for symmetry you should just buy that gold membership now and save yourself some trouble:)
You won’t find any issues like that with a CPK. Only issue that they cause is want of another one.
The link near the top of the Carothers page, where you posted this thread is the best chance at a good deal. That along with the WTB thread and fixed blade exchange should get you a knife long before your trip.
To help us help you out we need to know if you’ve decided which model that you’re after. lots of these guys have multiple knives and can occasionally be persuaded to let one go to a good home where it’ll be properly whooped on.

Last edited:
Welcome...Nathan & Jo and the CPK crew, and the CPK forumites make this a great place. :)

Check out the Busse subforum, too.

...and the Razor Edge Knives subforum....

heck, you see where this is going...there's a lot of good stuff :thumbsup: on BF...check it all out and enjoy!

Hello all,

This is my first post on bladeforums. I am not big on social media or online boards but I have frequently visited here to learn as much as I can. I am a veteran who is more familiar with firearms but recently caught the knife bug. After hours of pouring over every thread and knife maker I know beyond a doubt I want to own a CPK if I am lucky. It seems they only sell here which is why I made this account. Also it seems you have to be quick on the draw. Do I need to put some time in or is it really just first come first serve? I really hope I can own one sooner than later and join what seems to be an amazing group of knife enthusiasts. Sorry for the long post. Hopefully I can contribute to this forum one day as well, thanks.

You are fortunate, actually, you have double chances this week for the Friday sale, because there was no sale last week and Nathan doubled the slots this week to give more people a chance. Also, the DEK1 is super popular right now as the newest model. Last sale everyone in the ten available slots wanted a DEK1, so Jo let a few other people who missed the top ten slots but wanted something other than a DEK1 that they had in stock from the BLADE Show stockpile get the knife they wanted, as well.

Welcome to the forum. It's a great time to be here as a new guy. The UF, FK2, MC, HDMC and Behemother have been available. Any of them are a great place to start. I would go with a UF as after this batch has gone it won't be coming back. Enjoy

Welcome!
When it comes to symmetry CPK is top notch. If, on the off chance, there was something wrong with a CPK purchase it would be remedied quickly (there won’t be anything wrong).
Carothers products are top tier!
What model are you after?

Welcome!
When it comes to symmetry CPK is top notch. If, on the off chance, there was something wrong with a CPK purchase it would be remedied quickly (there won’t be anything wrong).
Carothers products are top tier!
What model are you after?

Going out on a limb here, but I would venture to say because CPK are milled on machines, and knowing Nathan's process, an uneven bevel on a knife isn't even possible... but this is off topic.

Welcome, new dude!

Word of caution... best steer clear of anything with Edge Cut Antique Micarta ("ECAM", or "ECAM", "vintage" micarta, etc) from CPK. It. Is. Like. Crack.... one time and you are addicted. It's no joke. Seriously. Don't ruin your life!! :rolleyes:

Ahhhhh..... maybe he shouldnt buy a cpk..... they break very easily..... they're like delicate flowers. Not really tough knives at all.....

Nathan put a booger on mine one time.

Seriously though. All that was just funny business.

My field knife2 is the most comfortable knife I've ever used in my life. I haven't found an uncomfortable way to hold it yet.

Except... blade in palm....

I've never been the same since the incident.....

Going out on a limb here, but I would venture to say because CPK are milled on machines, and knowing Nathan's process, an uneven bevel on a knife isn't even possible... but this is off topic... snip
I do recall one complaint of somebody not happy with the angles of the edge grind - which is done by hand.

edited to add: I cannot attest to the veracity of their claim.

Back