New to me Becker

Thanks guys. I saw a post recently where someone had polished the black coating to a mirror-like finish. I think I'll try that. Now I need to get a leather sheath. The retaining straps on the stock sheath don't snap anymore!

Fwiw, I thinned mine down to match stock thickness in order to fit some existing kydex. I wish I wouldnt have. The original thickness of the wooden scales and change in weight, make the 16 feel like a whole new knife for the better if thats possible. Besides, the wood scales scream for leather, and the contrast on yours look great!

Wow! What a difference, in look and feel.

eQwKHmS.jpg

0g2GJro.jpg

Not sure about stripping the blade now. I will probably sand it smooth, then decide.
Looks Great! :thumbsup::thumbsup: It's smart to take your time and make sure of any mods before jumping to it .;) You can't put it back :D Make sure you don't mess with the paint if you might want to deepen the etch :)

Thanks guys. I saw a post recently where someone had polished the black coating to a mirror-like finish. I think I'll try that. Now I need to get a leather sheath. The retaining straps on the stock sheath don't snap anymore!
Not perfect but pretty smooth o_O
IMG_3849.JPG IMG_3850.JPG IMG_3851.JPG IMG_3852.JPG
Much better than that rough coating, but remember don't be in a rush you have plenty of time to make any changes ;) I deepened the etch first before sanding :thumbsup:

Xr6x, that's the one I saw. I'm gonna try that. Start with maybe 400 grit?

Xr6x, that's the one I saw. I'm gonna try that. Start with maybe 400 grit?
You could, 220 might get you going a little faster than move on to 400 or 600. Just make sure to use a flat block of some kind to keep your sanding flat :thumbsup:

No worries. Been thinking of getting one of those anyway. Or maybe the 14.

Back