New TV Survival Show - Alone

I am pretty excited about this one only because a good friend is in it. I don't know much about it because his contract didn't allow for any info to be released prior. Should be interesting to see someone I have camped with for years on my TV.

http://www.history.com/shows/alone

This actually has me interested. I'll probably tune in. Curious to see the gear each participant chose to bring, and of course, which particular knife. Thanks for the head's up.

This actually has me interested. I'll probably tune in. Curious to see the gear each participant chose to bring, and of course, which particular knife. Thanks for the head's up.

Do they get to choose whatever gear they want or are they told what they are allowed to choose from?

Do they get to choose whatever gear they want or are they told what they are allowed to choose from?
Good question but I have no idea. It appears that Kelty may be a sponsor since on the History Channel's website the players are all wearing Kelty backpacks.

On a side note, is anybody watching Naked And Afraid? I just started getting in to it and to be honest its not a bad show.

Watched a few episodes of Naked and Afraid. Not bad but there is a defined timeline which helps with the mental state. Real survival has no timeline until you are rescued or find a way out. This new show might be more interesting since there is no "end". It will be just as interesting to see if someone builds a permanent shelter, traps and kills food regularly, and begins to "live" in that wilderness. Technically it can be done and was done for many centuries in the wildest places on the planet, obviously. When does the show start?

I checked out the contestant bios and they list what gear each person is taking. It would appear they are choosing from a list. The similarities are just too close ie: 20 meters of para cord, 300yds of fishing line with 23 hooks, a bow with 6 arrows etc.
I'm looking forward to a survival show not set in a warm weather climate.
Allan

I think I saw where they get to choose 5 items. I would be like 4 box of mre's and a loaded glock 17.

But as surviveAL said, it's most likely rope,tarp,duck tape,hook, and WILSON. I think I could make it though. I don't like conversing anyway.

I KNEW IT!! I KNEW I RECOGNIZED THAT ONE GUY!!! ............[freaking cop-like investigative and recognition skillz :D ]

This guy is on my YT list!

This is what he posted Oct of 2014:

[video=youtube;ANAszfECrJk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANAszfECrJk[/video]

...and then THIS is what is back on his channel!

[video=youtube;yv-Tkz7KeCI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv-Tkz7KeCI[/video]

I like his YT Channel....you should sub it.

Sure would be nice to have a .22 rifle and a pocket full of ammo. I'm sure that wasn't on the list though.

Oh man this looks like its going to be good...

[video=youtube;l2XIyNl44FQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2XIyNl44FQ[/video]

Looks interesting for sure. Wonder what the bow is for? Hopefully it's filmed during hunting season. Some of the wildlife on the island will be cougars, wolves, black bears, a few grizzlies have been seen as well. Elk and deer. And small game like grouse, rabbits, squirrels. Hope they'll air it up here.

Looks interesting for sure. Wonder what the bow is for? Hopefully it's filmed during hunting season. Some of the wildlife on the island will be cougars, wolves, black bears, a few grizzlies have been seen as well. Elk and deer. And small game like grouse, rabbits, squirrels. Hope they'll air it up here.

No Grizzlies here on the Island, only the occasional one that swims over from the mainland.

Yep.. Wonder how many grizzlies are on the island and if they will get established or shot:) Are you on the north Island? How's the logging up there? Probably not much chance of getting lost. Just follow the sound of the chainsaw :)

Looks like a few of the 10 with "ring the bell" pretty quickly.

Druid189, Your guy might do OK. He was the most settled in and comfy of everyone in the teaser video.

This may be good.

Yep.. Wonder how many grizzlies are on the island and if they will get established or shot:) Are you on the north Island? How's the logging up there? Probably not much chance of getting lost. Just follow the sound of the chainsaw :)

I'm South Island buddy but I have friends who have hunted on the Island for years and they have never seen a Grizz. Lots of Wolves and Black Bear up in that area. The Wolves are becoming increasingly problematic and are losing their fear of people !

I know the island a little bit... Spent 20 years on the island last 15 in Lake Cowichan. Moved last year

Back