New Ultralight! The 537 Bailout

halden.doerge

I'll Sharpen Your Knife
Gold Member
Looks like Benchmade just dropped a video on this new release via instagram. Looks like a pretty cool tactical version of the Bugout in 3V! Tantos aren't my cup of tea, but this looks pretty cool nonetheless. I hope its a sign of many more models to come in this ultralight platform.

Beat me to it.
Bugout's Tactical brother? Handle looks like a 535/530 hybrid.

One thing though: what's with everybody using two hands to open the knife in the promo video?

I would prefer a glass breaker on the end as opposed to the webbing loop / pry bar they have on it.

This is so disappointing! I love this knife, the Tanto, 3V.... but they coated the blade. At least go DLC if you insist on coating it.

I like the handle design on the Bailout. I hope Bugout platform gets 3V also. Benchmade really needs to start putting a DLC coating on their blades, competitors have been using it for years. Not sure what I think of a deep carry clip with a aluminium pry bar sticking out.

Like it that they use 3V. Make it a bit smaller with a drop point blade and I will buy it in a instant!

DLT has it for $144.50. To me, that seems reasonable.

To each their own perception. But if you include tax and shipping, we're talking somewhere about $150 USD.

According to my own scale of value, $150 or $200 canadian (eh!) is an absolute ripoff for a mundane steel, polymer slabs with a fancy name and a durability that probably won't exceed a couple days of farm/camp use.

It looks definitely tactilol tho, I'm sure it will be a conversation starter at the coffee machine =)

Back