New Wicked Edge Go WE60 & WE66 Obsidian

The Wicked Edge Go WE60 is a nice little sharpener and it isn't very expensive.

000Robert 000Robert Since the price on WE66 and Gen 3 Pro aren’t that far away from one another, are the locking systems similar or different. They look very similar.

000Robert 000Robert Since the price on WE66 and Gen 3 Pro aren’t that far away from one another, are the locking systems similar or different. They look very similar.

The locking system in the WE66 is a newly designed locking system. It is smooth and takes less effort to lock that the older design but it doesn't have the tension adjuster like the older design does.

WE66-11a.jpgWE66-12a.jpgWE66-13a.jpgWE66-14a.jpgWE66-23a.jpgWE66-19a.jpgWE66-21a.jpgWE66-22a.jpg

Here is the tensioning Belleville washer stack. There are supposed to be 6 washer stack sets but my WE66 came with only 5 1/2 as you can see in the photo. I added a Belleville washer to the bottom washer to make it have a 6-set stack, but I didn't snap to take a picture of it.

WE66-6a.jpgWE66-8a.jpgWE66-9a.jpg

000Robert 000Robert Thanks for the info! You really go above and beyond.

I’ve entertained the idea of getting a high quality sharpening system for years now. There’s a lot of options and it’s easy to get a little overwhelmed. The WE66 looks like a great option for my use case of mostly pocket knives.

000Robert 000Robert Thanks for the info! You really go above and beyond.

I’ve entertained the idea of getting a high quality sharpening system for years now. There’s a lot of options and it’s easy to get a little overwhelmed. The WE66 looks like a great option for my use case of mostly pocket knives.
If you mean pocketknives like slip joint knives, then the WE60 would be the better choice. IMHO Plus, it's less expensive.

With the 60’s improvements, I’m wondering if that one will do for me.
I absolutely love the WE60! It is a steal at the current price. And it will handle just about any knife. You can get some extra screws at different lengths to help with getting more acute angles and for blades that are 1/4" thick or more at the spine. I recommend adding a 1/2", 7/8", and 1" stainless steel Allen head flat socket screws to start with.
Also, there is a guy on the Wicked Edge forum that is making some riser blocks for the WE60 to raise the vise height and help getting more acute angles.

Is the WE66 the new flagship sharpener? I just upgraded to the WE120 earlier this year and can't justify the new features.

Is the WE66 the new flagship sharpener? I just upgraded to the WE120 earlier this year and can't justify the new features.
Nope, it's not meant to replace the other top tier sharpeners. It is mainly made for people that want a sharpener that is easier to carry with them away from home as I understand it. You can quickly use a couple of screws or clamp it to a wooden TV dinner table or a piece of plywood or bench top.

If you mean pocketknives like slip joint knives, then the WE60 would be the better choice. IMHO Plus, it's less expensive.

I'd say the widest blade stock I personally have is a Native 5 or PM2.

The WE66 and Gen 3 Pro are overkill for me at the moment. I've told myself I could just start a sharpening service to pay for a Pro though. 🤣🤣🤣

I really want to be able to get a cleanly sharpened cutting edge right up to the plunge line. I might need to reconsider going with WE because of that particularity from my end.

Last edited:
I'm really want to be able to get a cleanly sharpened cutting edge right up to the plunge line. I might need to reconsider going with WE because of that particularity from my end.
FYI - most of the rotating clamp unit sharpeners (Hapstone R2, TSProf K03/Kadet, Kazak, etc) will give perfect plunge line clean sharpening if you clamp your knife on one side of the bar.

FYI - most of the rotating clamp unit sharpeners (Hapstone R2, TSProf K03/Kadet, Kazak, etc) will give perfect plunge line clean sharpening if you clamp your knife on one side of the bar.
Thanks for your input. The Kadet is another system I've been considering.

Thanks for your input. The Kadet is another system I've been considering.
For more versatility and value for money, have a good look at considering a Hapstone R2. The "Standard" version that Gritomatic sells, paired up with a digital angle cube, fine tuning adapter and spring stoppers is a great system.

Is anyone else having an issue with a guide rod clamp screw loosening up? I have one that loosens up no matter how loose or tight I have the screw. This is on the WE60.

Wicked Edge sent me a replacement screw under warranty. I'll have to use it for a while to see if the problem reoccurs.

Is anyone else having an issue with a guide rod clamp screw loosening up? I have one that loosens up no matter how loose or tight I have the screw. This is on the WE60.

Wicked Edge sent me a replacement screw under warranty. I'll have to use it for a while to see if the problem reoccurs.
I am having the excact same problem with my new WE60. Did the new screw solve anything?

Back