Newbie but father is a knife maker

Nice looking stuff!

Sowbelly Stockman. File work, tornado shield, hand jigged green bone.

hPdpXSk.jpg

b3I18bQ.jpg

sJocr8W.jpg

PZU4CEr.jpg

IE67Pz6.jpg

Wow! Beautiful file work on the green Stockman sir. Looking forward to seeing some more of his fine work.

Here is my daily carry knife. It'a a liner-lock barlow with stag. Stainless steel liners and bolsters. Heat treated liner-lock spring. The blade is an unusual take on a sheepsfoot vs warncliff blade. I call it a RazorBeak because it's profile reminds me of a bird of prey's beak and a utility knife razor blade. It is wicked sharp and I use it for all kinds of things.

Barlow liner-lock with RazorBeak
DHBvbV7.jpg

B9BvJFY.jpg

sXKPPUa.jpg

v3so9Bx.jpg

2-bladed version non liner-lock

XHYCwFt.jpg

Folding Hunter in the background

9yhZPZ3.jpg

oqPzhng.jpg

Hunter with 3-piece scales

This one I just got in the mail today. It's a gift for my Brother-in-law. Huge Oregon Ducks fan.

kiUXxJb.jpg

Mother of Pearl trapper with clip blade and razorbeak. Company logo of one of my good friends chemical etched into blade.

xi2S5EB.jpg

Giraffe bone toothpicks

4sqY2D1.jpg

lEaD6py.jpg

There are a few more in my collection. I may post them later.
-enjoy

Chief Chief I searched my dads name and found A mother of pearl sowbelly stockman he made years ago. Do you still own the knife? I mentioned your post to him and I think he has a knife you sent him for repair a long time ago. If that’s the case, hopefully you guys can get in touch.

David Kramp David Kramp WOW! I can't believe it … after so many years wanting my slipjoint returned there is hope! Yes, I still own that MOP sowbelly stockman knife and a stag jack your dad made for me, one of my favorites. Please put me in touch with him. You can email me through a link by clinking on my name. Thanks a million, I carried that slipjoint for many years and have an attachment to it.

David Kramp David Kramp WOW! I can't believe it … after so many years wanting my slipjoint returned there is hope! Yes, I still own that MOP sowbelly stockman knife and a stag jack your dad made for me, one of my favorites. Please put me in touch with him. You can email me through a link by clinking on my name. Thanks a million, I carried that slipjoint for many years and have an attachment to it.

he said he repaired the knife already. I will see if I can pm you. I don’t have a paid membership but I’ll try.

David Kramp David Kramp got your email, thanks! Here is the MOP sowbelly you asked about displaying your dad's old mark. Knife has been carried and used. D2, made in 01.

krampmop1.jpg

krampmop2.jpg

Love this blade.

krampmop3.jpg

No washers, dovetailed bolsters, exquisite filework.

krampfilework1.jpg

Your dad made this knife for me using stag he had been saving, emulates Winterbottom bone. Another from 2001, you can partially see the OKC stamp. It's so fine.

krampstag1.jpg

krampstag2.jpg

krampstag3.jpg

David Kramp David Kramp got your email, thanks! Here is the MOP sowbelly you asked about displaying your dad's old mark. Knife has been carried and used. D2, made in 01.

krampmop1.jpg

krampmop2.jpg

Love this blade.

krampmop3.jpg

No washers, dovetailed bolsters, exquisite filework.

krampfilework1.jpg

Your dad made this knife for me using stag he had been saving, emulates Winterbottom bone. Another from 2001, you can partially see the OKC stamp. It's so fine.

krampstag1.jpg

krampstag2.jpg

krampstag3.jpg
Thanks Chief Chief . As beautiful as I remember them. He dovetails the bolsters and scales now instead of butt-joints. It’s a detail I really like. And he does half-stops. Thanks for showing them. He’ll be happy to get your knife back to you.

Those are really nice knives.... I especially like the sowbelly stockman. As others have said, your dad is an artist in knives. I imagine they are well out of my price range, but they look to be wonderfully made.

- wow, fella........you should be chuffed t’ bits with your Pa’s work, and rightly so......ain’t nothing Kramped his style other than by name ;)

Crackin’ knives.......more please :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back