newbie looking for a GSO 6, where and how

Hi all,

I have been a BF member for years and have come back around to discover this great knife. I have settled in on wanting a GSO 6 and wondering how do I go about ordering one? I have been looking for this size, profile, steel and dimension blade for a while and this looks to fit my needs so I am fired up about this knife. Please give a newbie to Survive knives a clue and I will get it done!

If you want a brand new one, you'll have to wait until the 6 becomes available on the SURVIVE! Website. This may be well into 2015 because the website states:
Guy has been considering making some subtle changes to the GSO-6 design. Until he has decided exactly what direction to go in with this model, that is all of the information we are able to supply. Please check back here or sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date on the GSO-6 model's future.

If you're ok with a previously owned knife, keep checking the exchange section on bladeforums or look into other auction websites.

Sorry I don't have better news, but good luck!

wow, thats disappointing but i get it. yea a used one would be great as well so i will take the tip and keep looking. Thanks for your help

Don't be too disheartened. S!K knives are awesome, but their supply is way below their demand right now. Despite that it still seems like every week I hear of someone getting one of their knives from the exchange here or elsewhere on the internet.

I don't know how closely you've been following the company, but they just moved their shop from Pennsylvania to Idaho. Once they're settled it sounds like they have plans to really up production. I think 2015 will be a good year for SURVIVE! Fans.

Thanks again, I haven't bought a knife in a while. If this brand is what I hope it to be then I may finally sell several of the knives I have acquired and finally have one or two users that fit my needs. I will keep looking for a used one and perhaps be able to order one when they become available. I do not know anything about the company but am learning. I hope to be able to get one of there knives without the choil.

It sure seems like one has to be fairly diligent here on the forms to track one down. I've been searching on the exchange for months it seems and I've yet to find the exact combination I'm interested in. I decided on a whim to check out that auction site and lo and behold the exact combo I've been looking for was there! A 3.5 w/ 20CV, black G10, no drill divot & no ferro notch. I also didn't/don't want the factory optional sheath & the one I found came with a pretty much perfect, IMO, Godspeed taco style one that I really like! Good things come to those who wait... But in some cases you sure gotta earn it!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417651299.224528.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417651337.556471.jpg

I seem to find random stuff all over the house from several months of impulse purchases. That's top one is the knife you are talking about right?
FullSizeRender.jpg

Just kidding. Keep looking, these are great knives. I have a beater 4.1 that I love so much I bought these as future spares. There's a reason they continue to be hard to get!

Happy hunting!

If you want to settle for a 5.1 theres 2 different options at this link. One is with black micarta and the other is camo micarta which looks pretty damn cool. If I had the cash one of these would be on its way to my house right now haha. I need to sell some off so i can get a 5.1 or a 7/7.
EG

https://www.lamnia.com/en/search?s=survive

Definitely check the forum they come up at least twice a month at good prices or at least they have been the last two months or so!

I'm always watching the forum, but these S!K knives don't depreciate much! I keep making myself wait for inventory to become available on the S!K site.

I would be very careful ordering from an international seller/site. These often get hit with very high import tariffs and fees which makes the overal price skyrocket.

Do you like a finger choil? If yes then I would consider a 7/7. I have a GSO 6, my first GSO, and a 7/7 and both blades are about the same length. Since I bought my 7/7 I don't really use my 6. The same is true of my 5 verses 5.1, I just don't use the 5 as much. But if you don't like the choil there's always eBay. If they decide not to make any more GSO 6s you can ask Guy to custom make you a 6. One of the last times I was at Survivie! before they moved Guy told me he wanted to make some custom knives after he was able to increase his production. Just call them and ask. However I think they are going to change the 6 and make it better. So you might want to wait.

If you want to settle for a 5.1 theres 2 different options at this link. One is with black micarta and the other is camo micarta which looks pretty damn cool. If I had the cash one of these would be on its way to my house right now haha. I need to sell some off so i can get a 5.1 or a 7/7.
EG

https://www.lamnia.com/en/search?s=survive

You might want to call Survive! to make sure these are legit and if so what are the fees?

You might want to call Survive! to make sure these are legit and if so what are the fees?

Lamnia is legit. They are actually the only dealer to continue ordering off our main website after we put a pause on our dealer program.

As far as fees, I'm not sure how that would go. I know there are a lot of extra costs getting them across the ocean but I'm not sure how it is coming back to the US. You would have to get in touch with Lamnia for that information.

Thanks, Ellie!

2 things:
1. I went to the site and went through the ordering process up to the final confirmation step and if you use standard shipping there were no added shipping fees... actually no fees at all other than the stated knife price
2. I later noticed that they state right on their site that there are NO shipping fees even to the US unless you ask for extra fast shipping

Sounds like a great company to me!

Back