Nice little experience just now with CS's online ordering

For a long time I've always meant to add in a CS Canadian Belt Knife (CSCBK) when placing an order where I had free shipping. I never did. It came to mind earlier because I rather doubt CS will be keeping the CSCBK on the roster with the sale and all.

I surfed around a bit and at most places it's either out of stock, or it's in stock at an inflated price, and the shipping is at least 50% of the price of the knife.

Well, at CS's own online store, they're $12.00 and there is no charge for shipping. I thought that was a nice little touch.

Are you GSM marketing? I see you joined 3 weeks ago, and already actively shilling for GSM, arguing with long time members who has anything negative to say about this acquisition.

Most of us are CS fan here, so we’re invested in CS successes. But your multiple threads singing GSM praises are getting a bit cringey.

It's an inexpensive, really non-important knife, had it not been for the non-inflated price and free shipping, I doubt I would have ever owned one. It'll be nice to have a representative with Canadian origin in my collection.

I'm more impressed that you were able to make an order on the CS web site. I've received "Sorry, we couldn't show the requested page because of an internal server error." when trying to view the shopping cart since the sale started.

I'm more impressed that you were able to make an order on the CS web site. I've received "Sorry, we couldn't show the requested page because of an internal server error." when trying to view the shopping cart since the sale started.
It was VERY slow to respond, despite being late at night. I suspect their order entry system is being absolutely hammered right now.

It was VERY slow to respond, despite being late at night. I suspect their order entry system is being absolutely hammered right now.
So how are things looking at GSM? I'm sure you guys are all excited to work with Cold Steel as your new brand. I can tell based on the enthusiasm you guys shown on this forums. Perhaps ask the person that run the @Cold Steel Knives account to chime in and post an official statement to their fan?

I appreciate the heads up and decided to snag a Canadian Belt Knife too. I've wanted to try out that style of knife for a long time and it's an inexpensive way to do it. I bought a Roach Belly a while ago and was impressed with it for the price. Yes, I'd love to get an actual Grohmann, but have not been able to justify the cost yet, so it has not been a priority.

Yes, the sale of CS has me concerned, but since that has me scrambling to grab up all of the CS products on my wishlist, why not throw GSM a bone.

I was also going to order a machete, but when I tried to place my order I received an error that "there is no shipping method available for this address." I changed it to my work address, but received the same error. I finally deleted the machete and was able to order just the knife. I assume anything oversized is temporarily unavailable due to the transition.

I appreciate the heads up and decided to snag a Canadian Belt Knife too. I've wanted to try out that style of knife for a long time and it's an inexpensive way to do it. I bought a Roach Belly a while ago and was impressed with it for the price. Yes, I'd love to get an actual Grohmann, but have not been able to justify the cost yet, so it has not been a priority.

Yes, the sale of CS has me concerned, but since that has me scrambling to grab up all of the CS products on my wishlist, why not throw GSM a bone.

I was also going to order a machete, but when I tried to place my order I received an error that "there is no shipping method available for this address." I changed it to my work address, but received the same error. I finally deleted the machete and was able to order just the knife. I assume anything oversized is temporarily unavailable due to the transition.
Very interesting, I'm glad it worked out. I've seen those ads for Russell/Grohmann knives and the positive reviews for years, but I couldn't justify the price. CS makes it much easier. I also hope to collect those knives which are traditionally associated with the US, Canada, Mexico, and a few other nations. The CS CBK will be my Canadian representative.

Are you GSM marketing?
He's been asked twice in this thread and posted 4 times since the initial question without responding to the query. He certainly seems to be due to the refusal to respond, and someone should ask spark if the new corporate owner of CS is posting to promote the brand with a new account/employee without disclosure and likely without paying the forum fee for doing so. If they had, SLO would surely have the appropriate forum title under his name.

He's been asked twice in this thread and posted 4 times since the initial question without responding to the query. He certainly seems to be due to the refusal to respond, and someone should ask spark if the new corporate owner of CS is posting to promote the brand with a new account/employee without disclosure and likely without paying the forum fee for doing so. If they had, SLO would surely have the appropriate forum title under his name.
As far as I know, there is no forum fee. That said, my feelings about 'native advertising' of this sort are less than friendly.

Another little tidbit. I was surfing through Smokey Mountain Gun Works last night and they have the polymer FGX PUSH BLADE I on sale for $6.99 (MSR $15.99) A good deal, but not something you'd want to pay shipping on. So I went over to CS's own page. $5.99, plus free shipping. You can't beat that.

Another little tidbit. I was surfing through Smokey Mountain Gun Works last night and they have the polymer FGX PUSH BLADE I on sale for $6.99 (MSR $15.99) A good deal, but not something you'd want to pay shipping on. So I went over to CS's own page. $5.99, plus free shipping. You can't beat that.
Are you associated with GSM or Cold Steel?

I'm curious if you have reordering the machete? My second order with CS went much smoother/faster than the first one.

As far as I know, there is no forum fee. That said, my feelings about 'native advertising' of this sort are less than friendly.
I'm not sure if the forum itself carries a fee, though I don't what compensation BF would receive from manufacturers otherwise for the bandwidth, software, and support that comes with BF hosting their subforum. The marketplace, custom forums for makers, and dealer advertising all come with paid memberships so I am taking it a step further in the assumption. I would at least expect the SLO user account to be required to be a paid membership since it is advertising for CS, whatever the official capacity of the person behind the posts.

Back