Nick Shabazz goes over the 100k YouTube subscriber mark

The knife reviewer/critic, Nick Shabazz, has now exceeded 100,000 YouTube subscribers.

I think he’s now a legitimate industry consumer influencer.

Originally, I loved each of his posts but over time I’ve personally become a bit hot and cold with his reviews and style.

Anyway, I have no relevant point to make but things seem a little slow on The Forum so I thought it could possibly stimulate some conversation.

There was a “Do you like Nick Shabazz?” (or something to that effect) thread a few months ago so it may be too early to get much interest in this.

But, we will see...

I think he is a really good data point. I like the disassembly videos, they give a real view of the inner workings and have been a big influence on my purchases. I live in a rural area, at least 2 hours one way from a real knife shop, so I can't exactly hold and inspect before I buy, so before I order I try to gather as much info as I can. These videos have been a major help.

Everyone has some level of bias, but Nick does seem to try to keep it to a reasonable minimum.

Some may find him annoying, I find him to be a splash of color in a somewhat bland landscape of reviewers. He has achieved more success than I'll ever see without ever showing his face.

I've used his reviews to help inform purchases. He provides legitimate value to at least some consumers. I definitely appreciate anyone's efforts to help when I'm trying to make informed decisions on things I'm considering. I don't accept anyone's views in any sort of dogmatic way, so I've found areas he likes to focus on that aren't relevant to me, which is of no surprise. The world isn't just about me and that's okay. His voice and accent are striking and I suspect that's contributed at least somewhat to what makes his videos memorable to viewers. I don't watch product review videos based on how a person sounds, so it makes no difference to me. I wish him the best and hope his following continues to grow.

I think his Rolex magazine video was pretty funny...aside from that, knife review videos that try to be taken seriously aren’t really my deal

Last edited:
Just another dude with an opinion. I don't believe his actual opinion is as much a factor in his success as his take on the "bad review" rant style video ripping on bad stuff that everyone already knows is bad. I'm indifferent, but his character voice, yes he's playing a character, is annoying.

I personally like the breakdowns. Sometimes I disagree with a bad or a good or an ugly, but it's the thoroughness of the reviews that provide more information than I might get elsewhere.

I watch his reviews, but mostly to see the size comparison and function of the knife. I like his stuff fine, and a lot of his points are valid. But when he started criticizing people that carry knives that are more "tactically oriented" and basically calling them names and insinuations I wasn't so impressed anymore.

I get the impression he doesn’t use knives for much other than envelopes and no real usage. So how can one give so many opinions on so many knives with so little use? He’s pretty much admitted that he doesn’t do much with em. No personal beef with him just opinion

I watch his videos. It's nice to see the knife and hear opinion.

One thing irritates me: he's always moving his DAMN HANDS around quick, spinning the knife around quick.
He needs to S L O W. D O W N. so I can SEE every angle of the blade, instead of a blur

Other then that, his channel is great

meh he craps all over ZT and some benchmades calling them "murdery" etc and compares everything to a frigging spyderco delica (he thinks is the gold standard of knives lol)
yeah hes gotten a bit stale ..called a ZT 0452 "tactical murder banana"

Even though I dont always agree with his reviews, I still appreciate the entertainment he provides. I also think he has helped a lot of people become knife enthusiasts and I applaud that.

He's alright. What I can't stand in some of his, and other review videos, are the over exclamatory hand gestures.

88-ABD50-F-A8-A3-4265-98-B1-6-C8-D20-FDDC2-B.gif

Back