No Knife, no refund

Sour27,
I have never made such a request of my own bank, but would wager that most banks have similar policies. If you learn anything from PNC, it sounds like a few folks would like to hear about your results here.

If you paid through paypal, does that eliminate your banks protections, sinc ePP is effectively a proxy? or do you instead effectively get double benefits- coverage from both companies?

Thanks for trying to turn this back into a productive discussion about what concerned buyers can do, and leaving the personal attacks aside. There is alot to be learned from your request for refund, for all of us involved, and I for one would like to continue to hear fact based updates. Thanks again.
I don't know how that works yet but I did just find the original email with my order number. At the bottom it it says payment was thew PayPal.

Apparently there is a max of 180 day To open a disputed. PayPal told me that I'm a month late. And that I would have to call PNC to dispute the charges and after that pnc would contact PayPal.

So I just got off the phone with pnc they're mailing me a dispute letter that I will have to wait for then drop off at my local branch kinda sucks. And then they fax the letter to PayPal to actually open the dispute. After the dispute starts which I'd assume is the day it gets faxed over it can take up to 90 days to receive the $210 i payed upfront to survive knives.

But before I did all this. Last night after reading the problems other are haveing with survive I called and left a message. Saying that I would like a refund for the knife or I will open a dispute to give them a chance to do the right thing. Still no call back.

Today before I called PayPal I was trying to get ahold of survive for about 30 minutes calling none stop. Thats not like me at all. I'm a very patient person and I've been on knife makers books for longer then this. Mainly for custom folders. But after all those calls still went unanswered I had to draw the line and get his process started.

I'm just hoping PayPal or pnc will understand and help me out even tho I'm way over due for filing a claim. But I'm generally a very trusting person who understands that things happen and times get pushed back. And I never harass anyone when this happens. But I've never ran into a knife maker that is way over double his timeline that won't even pick up the phone and even lie to me again.

I just left survive another message telling survive that I'm starting the dispute process. And I'd appreciate a call and a refund to make it easier on both of us. I'm assuming that call will still go unanswered but I figured it was worth a shot.

It's a shame cause I'd bet there a really nice knife but I've got to hit the eject button on them.

And stick with fallkniven carter cutlery. And barkriver for my fixed blades.

I don't know how that works yet but I did just find the original email with my order number. At the bottom it it says payment was thew PayPal.

Apparently there is a max of 180 day To open a disputed. PayPal told me that I'm a month late. And that I would have to call PNC to dispute the charges and after that pnc would contact PayPal.

So I just got off the phone with pnc they're mailing me a dispute letter that I will have to wait for then drop off at my local branch kinda sucks. And then they fax the letter to PayPal to actually open the dispute. After the dispute starts which I'd assume is the day it gets faxed over it can take up to 90 days to receive the $210 i payed upfront to survive knives.

But before I did all this. Last night after reading the problems other are haveing with survive I called and left a message. Saying that I would like a refund for the knife or I will open a dispute to give them a chance to do the right thing. Still no call back.

Today before I called PayPal I was trying to get ahold of survive for about 30 minutes calling none stop. Thats not like me at all. I'm a very patient person and I've been on knife makers books for longer then this. Mainly for custom folders. But after all those calls still went unanswered I had to draw the line and get his process started.

I'm just hoping PayPal or pnc will understand and help me out even tho I'm way over due for filing a claim. But I'm generally a very trusting person who understands that things happen and times get pushed back. And I never harass anyone when this happens. But I've never ran into a knife maker that is way over double his timeline that won't even pick up the phone and even lie to me again.

I just left survive another message telling survive that I'm starting the dispute process. And I'd appreciate a call and a refund to make it easier on both of us. I'm assuming that call will still go unanswered but I figured it was worth a shot.

It's a shame cause I'd bet there a really nice knife but I've got to hit the eject button on them.

And stick with fallkniven carter cutlery. And barkriver for my fixed blades.

I tend to be the same way and am usually a very patient person. I had several knives on order that surpassed the dates by 2-3x what they had originally stated. There were a few times that I was on the verge of hitting that eject button too. I would email Jordyn every few weeks as the new deadline when they told me they would ship passed. She always responded though and eventually I received my knives. I never got to the point where I requested a refund though. I hope they get back to you and send you your money, so you don't have to deal with Paypal or PNC. Bark River makes some nice knives and I own over a dozen of them. I will say that S!K's quality and heat treat far surpasses Bark River. Don't get me wrong though because the Bravo series, Bushcrafter, and others are excellent, but if I were going to rely on a single knife in the woods I'd probably grab a S!K or a CPK. You may want to try to find one off the secondary market. There's a 4.7 in 3v on FB Fanpage for $250. That's pretty much what they sold for earlier this year direct.

The lately departed bird seems to have confused the owner of Survive! with a much older Guy Seiferd, born in 1950, who ran afoul of the law in PA in 1990, when Guy Seiferd of Survive! was only ten years old.

The lately departed bird seems to have confused the owner of Survive! with a much older Guy Seiferd, born in 1950, who ran afoul of the law in PA in 1990, when Guy Seiferd of Survive! was only ten years old.

Guy is a convicted felon that served time in prison. He committed burglary or something similar. He also has a declared bankruptcy. This was brought up before, and Ellie admitted that this was true.

These facts alone are not reason condemn Guy. People make mistakes and become better. I have a felon (convicted of assault and a bunch of gang and drug related stuff) working for me, and he has 100% earned my trust. I know of others that have turned their lives around.

Rather than focus on something that happened a few years ago, we should be talking about Guy / S!Ks current behavior. They have taken a lot of peoples' money, and now seldom answer the phone, return e-mails or respond to messages. They also seem to have stopped processing refunds. This behavior, combined with the continued lies about lead times and deceptive business practices, is the issue, not Guy's prison record.

^ Have they stopped processing refunds? From what I have read on here, it takes about a month to get one from them.Really hope it is not true!
I am on the fence right now one cancelling at least half my orders with them if there is a good chance they will close up shop and rip everyone off.

If anyone has any real info, I would sure love to know! Or if the owners could comment? Anything...

One person in this thread had to resort to filing a complaint with PayPal to get his money. Another is still waiting after S!K has broken multiple promises regarding when the refund would be issues. There are multiple other threads here and posts on FB where people where people had to escalate to PayPal / CC company to get a refund. This is real info.

A refund literally takes a minute to process. There is NO EXCUSE for S!K taking this long to give people their money back.

^ Yeah I totally agree. I bought a couple knives 5 months ago, then a large gap and bought a few more, just so I could cancel the recently bought ones if the first ones did not come through. I just hope PayPal will issue a refund if the company crashes. Fingers crossed.
Seems factory 2nds are taking about 6 months to complete. I was going to wait 7 and cancel as many orders as possible.

Not computer savvy. But I will try and find the FB people's complaints. Thanks for the heads up!

The problem with FB is that the page is HEAVILY moderated. Although they have been more lax recently, the moderators usually delete any negative / critical comments.

While S!K has consistently lied about lead times and other aspects of their business for years, the lack of communication seems to have become much worse over the last month or two...

^ Yeah I totally agree. I bought a couple knives 5 months ago, then a large gap and bought a few more, just so I could cancel the recently bought ones if the first ones did not come through. I just hope PayPal will issue a refund if the company crashes. Fingers crossed.
Seems factory 2nds are taking about 6 months to complete. I was going to wait 7 and cancel as many orders as possible.

Not computer savvy. But I will try and find the FB people's complaints. Thanks for the heads up!
I've waited 7 months now for my factory second at that amount of time I'm told it's going to be existing difficult to get my money back. It was only for one knife if you have allot of money on the line I'd pull out.

^ Yeah, that is the reason I spaced them out, so at the worst case scenario, I lose the money for the first purchases, and am able to refund the rest.

Hopefully I am just being paranoid, and my knives will arrive in the next month or so. Fingers crossed! Because they really are great knives!

What? I got the account for the knife traitor. I actually just stumbled on the survive thred I forgot what the title was. Something along the line of poor survive customer service. Needless to say it peeked my interest in my current situation. And yes I can share the picture of my or ordered placed. Gso 4.1 on 2-11-17.

S Sour27 If you look at the message you quoted (#38), my comment was directed at and quoted silver eagle(#37), not you(#34). I am not here to put anyone (other than silver eagle) down or defend the actions of survive in any way.
I have no problem with people sharing their horrible experiences and any opinions that they have formed as a result, but this silver eagle reeks of jilted lover/personal enemy/troll.
I am very sad that the reputation of this company has slid so low (through refusal to reduce production to an achievable rate and failure to reach goals) that a brand new anonymous user, who signed up for this forum with the exclusive expressed intent of libeling the company, carries more weight than the manufacturer or long time forum members with thousands of dollars invested.
I believe this is very obviously an attempt at remuneration for perceived (or real) wrong doing. By posting these accusations under the "concerned citizen" guise, silver eagle hopes to drum up fear and distrust swamping the company with refund requests.
I simply wanted to know if SE had ever ordered a knife and if they set up the account soley to push this narrative, and they refused to answer either question.
I just call bullshit on this single user and am sorry you thought that my comment was directed at you. I hope you and everyone else are able to get in contact with the company or get a refund somehow, so you won't have to stress about this internet drama anymore.

Last edited:
^ Yeah, that is the reason I spaced them out, so at the worst case scenario, I lose the money for the first purchases, and am able to refund the rest.

Hopefully I am just being paranoid, and my knives will arrive in the next month or so. Fingers crossed! Because they really are great knives!

Well you shouldn't lose anything unless your order(s) fell under the newer policy of I believe a 10% re-stocking fee (despite nothing being re-stocked per say). I believe the new SK line is approx. a $25 fee if you later request a refund.

Remember PayPal has a 180 day / 6 month deadline on processing a refund request.

Things seem to have made a turn for the worse. Hard to believe but less communication from survive! and taking even longer to process refunds. This mess is all their making and will eventually reach a point of no return if it hasn't already happened.

Guy is a convicted felon that served time in prison. He committed burglary or something similar. He also has a declared bankruptcy. This was brought up before, and Ellie admitted that this was true.

These facts alone are not reason condemn Guy. People make mistakes and become better. I have a felon (convicted of assault and a bunch of gang and drug related stuff) working for me, and he has 100% earned my trust. I know of others that have turned their lives around.

Rather than focus on something that happened a few years ago, we should be talking about Guy / S!Ks current behavior. They have taken a lot of peoples' money, and now seldom answer the phone, return e-mails or respond to messages. They also seem to have stopped processing refunds. This behavior, combined with the continued lies about lead times and deceptive business practices, is the issue, not Guy's prison record.

OK. But it is nevertheless a fact that a Guy Seiferd born in 1950 seems to have been [I'm going to say] convicted of burglary, among other things, according to official records.
https://www.courtrecords.org/people/Guy+Seiferd, jr+PA/

Which, as pointed out, is not relevant to whether promises regarding delivering knives will ever be kept.

I finally received my refund on 20th of September with an email "I apologize for the delay".
I will not be doing business with survive again, I don't care how good their knives are. Getting money up front years before delivery is a recipe for disaster for the buyers.
As an alternative I purchased some Lionsteel knives (M7 and T5) from lamnia.com and I'm extremely happy.

Last edited:
I got mine back it should clear today. At least we know they haven't stopped giving refunds to ppl that have been waiting way longer then the original 90 day estimate.

Anyone here that paid with a card get their refund? Outside of paypal I mean. I haven't received any notification of refund being issued by jordyn or Ellie. Thus far no refund shows on my account as well. I have emailed them again asking about the refund and haven't received a response back.

Anyone here that paid with a card get their refund? Outside of paypal I mean. I haven't received any notification of refund being issued by jordyn or Ellie. Thus far no refund shows on my account as well. I have emailed them again asking about the refund and haven't received a response back.
I did I got really lucky. PayPal and PNC bank wouldn't help me out. So if survive didn't give me the refund I would of been screwed

Back