No Vacation! Starring Snark W. Griswold

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was fairly tolerable.
The only thing that would have made it better would have been if the forecast a week ago had been right.

A week ago it was supposed to be 75 and partly cloudy.
Instead, it was sunny and 94...

My step brother's ground level "Nature Blind" got "DISCOVERED AGAIN!" He put one up on the edge of my black spruce swamp on the edge of the old family farm stead. Some one came barreling up the old wood road on a 4 wheeler right up to me and complained about a HUNTING BLIND being on the private property thinking they had to be taken down 2 weeks before the end of deer season. I told the crazy person "Oh that's a Nature Blind not a Hunting Blind." The crazy person said "Oh." Of course then I had to say "That's were we hide to kill Nature From." As the person was about to tyraid a slew of words I told told the idiot. "Well your trespassing so get off my land before I have you arrested. The only way you could come from that direction was to cut your way through the trees I dropped to block that damn trail going to my land." As the chain saw I saw on the 4 wheeler looked just used. That shut the idiot up and made them take off the direction I pointed them to leave down the drive way. Then I had to borrow a chain saw and drop more trees to block that trail. Poor trees, yes I'm a tree hugger, I like trees. They give shelter and food to all of them yummy things I like to kill and eat.

Or a shiny blued pipe turned to look like a rifle barrel and stick it out of that "nature blind" it may deter travelers ...

City council meeting last evening, everything is good to go. :thumbsup:

I have personally some what enjoyed the stay at home orders. Well I have continued with a somewhat normal but greatly modified areas of travel and a very few stores only for necessities.

I havenโ€™t stopped working, essential employee but traffic And daily commute couldnโ€™t Be better.

I go through literal tons of no trespassing signs...I find tree dropping is the best way to keep trespassers away. Metal Tube with a manical-can sounds like an idea.

How about a motion dector that sets off an audio playback when itโ€™s been tripped such as welcome to the danger zone, or Highway to Hell or something

wow.
you broke snark.
anyone doing anything fun with the weekend?
I'm thinking about going to a farm auction tomorrow -- there's a 100# anvil on the sale bill along with a couple of riding mowers.

Going to the father in laws today to celebrate Father's Day. Having a cookout, and you know who will be doing the grilling. :rolleyes:

The wife ordered a single mantle kerosene Coleman lantern for me, for FD. Will get it today. Good ol Prime...

Going to the father in laws today to celebrate Father's Day. Having a cookout, and you know who will be doing the grilling. :rolleyes:

The wife ordered a single mantle kerosene Coleman lantern for me, for FD. Will get it today. Good ol Prime...

I own a Coleman dual fuel double mantle lantern. Iโ€™ve had it for about 10plus years now and itโ€™s been great. It can run on Coleman fuel, gasoline and it may run on kerosene but Iโ€™m not a 100% sure. Iโ€™ve only ever used Coleman fuel.

I broke it out the other day to show my girls it had been sitting for a couple of years since it was last used and fired right up no problems.

Iโ€™m sure you will be very happy with it.

I own a Coleman dual fuel double mantle lantern. Iโ€™ve had it for about 10plus years now and itโ€™s been great. It can run on Coleman fuel, gasoline and it may run on kerosene but Iโ€™m not a 100% sure. Iโ€™ve only ever used Coleman fuel.

I broke it out the other day to show my girls it had been sitting for a couple of years since it was last used and fired right up no problems.

Iโ€™m sure you will be very happy with it.
The wife got a dual fuel for me, for my birthday last year. Not for kerosene, and although it will run on unleaded gasoline, I don't recommend it. All the additives they put in fuel will leave you a dirty lantern. Here's mine:

Coleman kerosene. Not mine:

Reactions: Bkg
The wife got a dual fuel for me, for my birthday last year. Not for kerosene, and although it will run on unleaded gasoline, I don't recommend it. All the additives they put in fuel will leave you a dirty lantern. Here's mine:

Ok. Thatโ€™s the same lantern I bought. I know it was definitely gas and Coleman fuel but I couldnโ€™t remember about the kerosene

Coleman kerosene. Not mine:

Good video. If Iโ€™m taking it camping I like that I only need to take one fuel with me, instead of having a separate alcohol bottle with me. I have the dual fuel lantern and the dual fuel stove. I bought these years ago because at the time they were the only USA made lantern and stove I could find.

Although kerosene is 1/5 the cost according to the video so that sounds good.

I told you guys I ordered bacon...
RRnIfLu.jpg

I blame The Warrior! Seriously, you could smell the hickory smoke coming off this as soon as I opened the box. Smells awesome! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back