No Vacation! Starring Snark W. Griswold

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool torch, Dubz!

Went into the office today for the first time since March 16. Went in to MOVE my office to a new one (nominally an upgrade). Hope it's not 3mo before I go back again. Tho now that I'm moved and we're figuring out re-population plans and people are ordered, agreed to, and provisioned with masks and sanitizer, it's more likely I'll go back in occasionally just to reclaim some focus and switch contexts.

my building was designed to hold 195-200 people under the old rules.
under the current social distancing guidelines, I think I can fit 80 in it with some judicious people shuffling.

There was a shooting at my work today. Was told to leave, and about all I know.

They found the suspect. Listening to scanner. Looks like he killed himself. Slumped over the wheel, with hole in window. Reports are all over the place. 1-5 dead.

They found the suspect. Listening to scanner. Looks like he killed himself. Slumped over the wheel, with hole in window. Reports are all over the place. 1-5 dead.

Hate to hear that Dubz ... I hope the numbers are off ... stay safe brutha!

Purchased this little Lenk Gasoline torch, got it n today. A few photos.

Spirit/priming cup:

Fuel cap:

Priming:

Doesn't work too bad for what it is. As expected, it needs a new fuel cap seal. Leaking a bit of fuel, and of course, losing pressure:

Not that I thought it would, but it has no problem melting a can:

Tab melted as soon as the flame touched it:

All in all, happy with my purchase.

I haven't seen one of those in years ... you find some gems in your searches! I need to see if I can get to my sisters and take some pictures of the old torch (not sure of brand and it's not in that great of shape) ... and the old carbide lamp she has from our grandpa's stuff sometime.

Hate to hear that Dubz ... I hope the numbers are off ... stay safe brutha!
They gave a press conference. 3 were shot, 2 dead. A 20 year old male, and a 60 year old male, and a 50 year old woman is in critical condition. The shooter was an active employee, and knew all three victims. The found him dead about an hour away, of an apparent self inflicted gunshot would to the head.

They gave a press conference. 3 were shot, 2 dead. A 20 year old male, and a 60 year old male, and a 50 year old woman is in critical condition. The shooter was an active employee, and knew all three victims. The found him dead about an hour away, of an apparent self inflicted gunshot would to the head.

Man sorry to hear that ... I think the world's gone crazy. Prayers out to all the families and friends ... and the employees I'm sure that will affect several of them.

I had just finished my lunch. I eat in my car normally. It was super hot out today, so I had my car running with the air on. Normally I have my windows down. If that would have been the case, I probably would have heard the gunshots. My coworker came out to let me know that we were to leave, but we weren't sure why. He told me there were a bunch of cop cars there. I drove by, and saw maybe 6 or 7 cop cars there. I went to a mini mall a few blocks away, where I could see better what was going on. Several cop cars, fire trucks, and ambulances kept piling in. I still had no idea what was going on. I texted another coworker, and he told me there had been a shooting. I drove home, and started watching it unfold online. Yep, crazy people...

Ya just never know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back