No Vacation! Starring Snark W. Griswold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I hope you shake this thing quickly.
~~~
Wind is blowing strong today, after our first rain yesterday. Not fair weather for small craft at all.
The mountains got their first snow. I scraped, cleaned and oiled the wood handled, mountain axe that came the other day. It was made in Austria by F. Ralling Hammerwerk. It's right at 35", the Grivel is about 29".
mtzAYvJ.jpg

Well that sucks. Hopefully we don't have it that bad. I just weighed myself, and have lost 15lbs since a week ago yesterday. I really don't have a loss of appetite, just don't wanna eat because I can't taste anything, haha.

Yeah I hope you two don't get anywhere near that serious if it is covid. Have you heard your test results yet?

That's a thing, my wife got sick 15 or 20 years ago and permanently lost taste and smell.
There's certain things she can kinda smell and it has to be strong to taste it. There's a name for when that happens to people. It's a science y sounding name.

I'm sure you'll be fine though.

Yep, we both have it. Nurse called yesterday to confirm. I've been sicker than a dog. I feel reasonable one minute, and the next I feel like I could die. This sucks.

Yep, we both have it. Nurse called yesterday to confirm. I've been sicker than a dog. I feel reasonable one minute, and the next I feel like I could die. This sucks.
Been through a similar situationbwirh covid. Indeed the volatility of it is the worst. You feel better and an hour later it seems like you jumped off a cliff again.

Get well soon you two. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Hang in there, OM. Prayers for you and the wife. This COVID-19 stuff is serious business . . . :(

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Definitely how it is, just when you think it's better, it kicks in worse.

Last night was my worst night by far. I was sweating profusely. Nauseous, the works. My fever is starting to lift. It was 100.4 last night, 99 today. I had ice packs on my forehead until I couldn't stand it anymore.

You are certainly in my prayers. Lots of scuttlebutt concerning the drugs available and their efficacy.

Sorry to hear it, Dubs. My Father-in-Law is fighting it right now and one of my son's roommates has it. Feels like it is circling around the family even though we all live in different counties.

Take care and get better soon.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Definitely how it is, just when you think it's better, it kicks in worse.

Last night was my worst night by far. I was sweating profusely. Nauseous, the works. My fever is starting to lift. It was 100.4 last night, 99 today. I had ice packs on my forehead until I couldn't stand it anymore.
Don't forget to drink A LOT. Regular water, tea... You can really miss getting dehydrated and the symptoms that causes. A friend of mine had that happen last week when he had to throw up a lot because of the nausea. Get well soon but in the meantime: drink and rest.
Pineneedle tea is a huge source of vitamine c, which could help recovery.

I have 2 friends test positive in the past 5 days, and another one pass his 2 week Q.
a 3rd friend is under Q because his daughter tested positive yesterday -- his doc told him to take zinc and vit D supplements.
I also recently read that nasal washes (like the neti pot, etc...) clear up 98-99.9% of virus tucked away in the sinus cavities.

p dot s -- the darker the beer, the more B-complexes available in it. there's a scotch ale on the market with 300% of your daily B's per bottle.

Damn, man. Take care of and monitor each other. Don’t underestimate it. Any hard change for the worse immediately call your doctor and seek treatment. I’m keeping you and your wife in my thoughts. I hope you both feel better soon.

thanks to all who wrote that blank check at some point in their lives - regular, reserve, or guard - and those who supported them.
Doesn't matter how or how long you served, just that you made that commitment.
This. :thumbsup:

Thank you for your service. Thank you for safe guarding our freedom. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back