No Vacation! Starring Snark W. Griswold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont they do boar hunting with bowie knives in georgia? Doesnt sound like a good idea to me.

Went to the cabin Tuesday, not feeling well. Was hoping to feel better, and the wife got sick too. Came home a day early. We would have been wiser to stay home, but dangit, we both have the week off. I haven't been this sick for quite some time.

Went to the cabin Tuesday, not feeling well. Was hoping to feel better, and the wife got sick too. Came home a day early. We would have been wiser to stay home, but dangit, we both have the week off. I haven't been this sick for quite some time.

I take it, a glass of scotch didnt help. Getting sick is no fun. Feel better soon!

I dont even remember the last time i was sick. When youre a kid and get sick it sucks but it happens often enough that youre more accustomed to it. Nowadays, id be completely miserable if i got sick.

The Maker's Mark made me forget about it for awhile, about it, haha. I can't remember the last time I was this sick. I'm rarely ever sick.

Heal up quick Dubs! ~
I wonder if we get a snow fall to speak of up in the mountains this season. I found me an old school, wooden handled, mountaineering axe just for fun. This one runs about 36" overall, I don't like walking poles. The knees might not let me get too crazy though.

I gave up chopping down mountains as the nature freaks complain about me doing it. I told them to go complain about the mining companies that do it and leave people who do it for fun alone!

They have a season for mountains now? Sheese, there still are a lot of them, they don't need a regulated season!

Mountain hunting season is right after Christmas season, usually. Christmas season follows fishing season, which follows fire season, you know how it goes. Vivaldi wrote music about it. :)

So, still sick, with a slight fever. Coughing, light headedness, no sense of smell/taste, etc. We both called our work today, to let them know what's going on. We called our doctor, who had us call the respiratory clinic. Looks like we'll have to go get covid tests now. If this is covid, I don't see what the big deal is. Have had way worse cold/flu's in the past. Anywhos, hopefully it's not, and we can get back to work soon. A nightmare of a "vacation".

What you described fits Covid pretty well, but I had a friend get sick with symptoms that fit Covid as well and he tested negative, so matching symptoms don't always indicate positive status. Hope you start feeling better regardless.

Thanks man. I really don't feel horrible per se, just not quite right. Not being able to taste food is the worst part about it. We just returned from getting tested.

Thanks man. I really don't feel horrible per se, just not quite right. Not being able to taste food is the worst part about it. We just returned from getting tested.

Good move getting tested. There's also the possibility of a false negative. If you've got it, hopefully only a mild exposure. Severity tends to track exposure volume, but it's week 2 of symptoms that can get dangerous. Be safe out there, Dubz, we need you!

Good you both got tested and hopefully it comes back negative and you both just have a cold :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks guys. Was hoping to taste today, but still nothing. Tomorrow makes a week of not being able to smell or taste. Sucks.

I have a friend in TN. whose niece had it over 3 months ago and she only started getting a little bit of her taste back recently ... she still cannot smell coffee when she makes it. She had it pretty bad though so hopefully you will get yours back way sooner!

Well that sucks. Hopefully we don't have it that bad. I just weighed myself, and have lost 15lbs since a week ago yesterday. I really don't have a loss of appetite, just don't wanna eat because I can't taste anything, haha.

A friend of mine caught a cold about four or five years ago. He lost his sense of smell and taste for somewhere around 4 months after he got over the cold. Same idea though. He didnt enjoy eating or drinking anything. He was pretty apathetic every time i saw him eating and he hardly drank anything. Hopefully you get your taste back within a week or so.

I was eating jalapenos, and raw garlic earlier, haha. Didn't seem to help any. My mouth was on fire though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back