No Vacation! Starring Snark W. Griswold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luck, and the tides, always swing the other way again.
Picked me up a 26 oz. 'Catchy Tackle' spinner jet, because I heard this lure was discontinued, so, I had no choice. :p
rwC1AiL.jpg

Luck, and the tides, always swing the other way again.
Picked me up a 26 oz. 'Catchy Tackle' spinner jet, because I heard this lure was discontinued, so, I had no choice. :p
rwC1AiL.jpg
What does one target with a "Catchy Tackle' spinner bait other than the fisherman?

And at 26 oz what are you reeling it in with?

I've caught way more fish using worms and bait minnows that lures.

the other day i learned about vodka minnows - saving all your spare bait fish, and soaking them in food grade alcohol (cheap), and then freezing them - apparently keeps them quite "juicy" and pliable for (esp) winter fishing...

Sounds viable enough to be a plan. Now if we just got "ice"...

The magnum spinner is a trolling jig meant to 'swim' even at higher trolling speeds (about 10 knots or better) for wahoo down south; but tuna, mahi, marlin and other game fish may fall in the trolling spread to these and other jigs. I guess part of me thinks there is a chance at a multi-day trip somewhere on the distant horizon.
(Wenches catch plenty of fishermen.)

Funny, my mechanic saw my winch in the Jeep and mentioned he needed one for pulling motorhomes up onto a ramp lift for repair work. They originally used a come along.
EGdYMo9.jpg

Slightly burnt shrimp for dinner cat, you know you love it! :D

Santana wind started yesterday by knocking down a tall pine tree across the street from the shop. The tree blocked the entire four lane street, missed a guys car by 4 inches. But, no pics, so it didn't happen, but it did.

Still warm, still fierce, still a huge pile of fresh, dead, pine firewood if anybody wants to buck it up! :p

Dang, I started this thread in March. Sad.

Seriously?

Wish I had something dramatic to report, but things have been relatively quiet up here. Dogs are doing well, Triggs is super-busy with work and the weather has been pretty miserable (too much rain).

daizee daizee what the heck is that?

So, I was outta luck and got the Covid thingy. Tested positive two and a half weeks ago, been switching from bed to sofa and back again for close to two weeks. Started feeling better again last week, finally.
I'm glad I cancelled all my plans/family visits from the first cough. Could've been bad, but turned out OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back