No Vacation! Starring Snark W. Griswold

Status
Not open for further replies.
4” augers? When are you planning to build your ark??

also, they are quite long, one about 38 inches.

they were used for pins and rods and things for old wood trestle type bridges, covered bridges, etc

Got me a new toy last week
PYJ0Fas.jpg
lS8v7gV.jpg

ah, svartpilen 701. i bought the 401 a few years ago.

What are needed is few new BKarangs so we won't risk damaging our BK4arangs and BK21arangs.

I gotta get me an aux. electric fan for the radiator in the truck. Stalled waiting in traffic yesterday over-heated. I've been noticing this, we changed the radiator just over a year ago.

So, I ordered a flex-a-lite. Gonna set it up in front as a pusher and keep the pump/fan (puller). That, and gut the thermostat.

I’ve heard good things about those auxiliary fans. If I remember correctly, they can be turned on/off remotely. That would be a pretty cool feature of crossing deep water.

Looks like i wont be doing any hiking next weekend. It seems that i may have re-torn my meniscus while i was sleeping. Knees are so problematic...well, all joints become more problematic each year.

Looks like i wont be doing any hiking next weekend. It seems that i may have re-torn my meniscus while i was sleeping. Knees are so problematic...well, all joints become more problematic each year.
I hear that. My knees aren't the best in the world either. Old weight lifting injuries. Having tendonitis in both ankles doesn't help matters either.

I gotta get me an aux. electric fan for the radiator in the truck. Stalled waiting in traffic yesterday over-heated. I've been noticing this, we changed the radiator just over a year ago.

So, I ordered a flex-a-lite. Gonna set it up in front as a pusher and keep the pump/fan (puller). That, and gut the thermostat.

I need to look into one of these for my tractor.

I had to put an auxiliary fan in the old '78 K5 Blazer when it was pushing 300,000 miles. I had to repair the radiator then the heater wasn't blowing very hot air, thermostat wasn't the problem so I ended up replacing the radiator and then it wanted to run warm if it wasn't moving or in traffic. An auxiliary fan was easiest solution.

We're doing a bunch of landscaping jn our backyard. Had to do quite a bit of delimbing on some old willow trees for which I used the estwing 14" hatchet. Damn, that thing is a machine. I've used it before but every single time I pick it up again I'm amazed.

I hear that. My knees aren't the best in the world either. Old weight lifting injuries. Having tendonitis in both ankles doesn't help matters either.

Ow, tendonitis in the ankles... that sounds like really terrible. Thats probably something else i can look forward to. Ive already got it on one wrist and think its starting to develop on the other. Mine was more of a combination of weight lifting And work. I had a 2,000 lb table that i pushed around all day using the palms of my hands. Manual labor takes a toll on people even after they move on from it too.

The wife asked me the dreaded question...whatcha want for Christmas? No clue, haha. Don't need a thing really.

Taking half a day tomorrow afternoon to 'guide' some friends, including kids, out on a fishing boat. I'll be quasi-deckhanding for our crew. Tis the life of old fishermen, teaching the younger crowd the angles; Yeearrrr. o_O
BpzSG5Y.jpg

I broke more than snark. I broke my truck radiator tank seam, and my Jeep starter solenoid, or circuit, or ... something. Borrowing the company truck is embarrassing, but my bicycle has flat tires.
~~~
Fishing was on the slow side. Little rock fish still taste good for the kids though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back