No Vacation! Starring Snark W. Griswold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the offer, appreciate it. I'm sure it's fine. I have a friend that lives down there full time. He would have let me know by now if anything happened.

Turns out today is Thursday

I thought Thursday was Wednesday last week. They're all just running together. I'm still working, but have lost a few hours. Not a big deal so far, but i could definitely get worse before this is all over.

Last edited:
Almost 8โ€ of snow last night. -21ยฐC overnight tonight. Not happy with this snowpocalypse coronatrophe so far this year.

I'm an essential worker, so I don't get to go home to play in the 70F sunshine like my coworkers -- who are also getting paid.

Hear ya. Self-employed, classified as essential (so no stay at home and get paid either), but hardly any of my clients (mostly restaurants) are calling, since theyโ€™re all losing money during all this as well. Iโ€™m in this weird in-between area where I donโ€™t qualify for assistance, but my work isnโ€™t bringing in money either. Should be an interesting next month or so.

I finished my first fettle (reconditioned) on my Optimus 45 a few nights ago, and took photos, and fired it up yesterday/last night. This stove was made in the 1948-50 range, so 70ish years old. I changed out everything, and polished it up. Here's what it looked like when i got it:

Here's what it looks like now:

Fired up:

Fun project man, I loved it.

Thanks guys. I like a nice patina too, but this thing was beyond patina'd, haha. It was pitted.

Looks great now! Is that brass?
Still operating on a somewhat limited schedule, essential services. The streets are freakishly quiet though, I don't like it. Gun stores may be able to open up a bit (especially in this state) since the President pronounced them essential, to which I applaud. Security is essential to everybody.

Thanks man. I have three others similar to it, haha.

My family is presently quarantined at home. Normally, hanging on the downstairs wall opposite my staircase is a picture of my kid. Throughout the day, it has been changed with pictures of Lisa Simpson, Meg Griffin, Louise from Bobโ€™s Burgers, and Hayley from American Dad. Just trying to have some fun with my kid on this April Fools Day. :)

Thanks guys, it was a fun project. She looks good for 70 years old. I have a few more to fettle as well. About 10 or so, haha. Turning into a regular stovie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back